1755 La Costa Meadows Drive San Marcos, CA 92078 US
Welder -Direct Hire
San Marcos, CA
Currently, we are seeking a Welder for our machine shop. The level will be based upon experience to join our Machine Shop/Welding team.
Compensation: Salary - $37,440-$57,000 annually
4/10 workdays – (3) day weekends!
Under the general direction of the Machine Shop/Welding Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for welding components used in the assembly of production parts. The ideal candidate pays attention to detail and accuracy and is able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Essential Job Functions (primary duties and outputs of position)
- TIG welding stainless steel components and its various alloys including Hastelloy and Monel.
- Set-up TIG welding equipment and operate machinery using all safety precautions.
- Inspect machine operations and finished product against specified tolerances.
- Work independently from specific instructions, diagrams, or models using precision measuring tools.
- Interpret and build from plans, blue prints and understand weld symbols (AWS).
- Analyze drawings and work orders to determine work requirements and the proper sequence of welding tasks to complete the finished subassembly.
- Operate various grinding equipment and tools to smooth and finish welds on metal parts.
- Inspection of completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to read/interpret engineering drawings and has layout experience.
- Ability to properly use various inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, radius gages, tape measure and countersink gages.
- Experienced with welding stainless steel.
- Experienced with setup of weld equipment required.
- Skills in precision measuring, print reading and fixturing application preferred.
- Working knowledge of shop mathematics.
- TIG welding.
- Good communication skills organized and a self-motivated.
- Level 1 has less than 2 years' related work experience. Level 2 requires at least 2 or more years' related welding experience; level 3 requires 4 or more years' related welding experience.
- Welding certification highly preferred.
- Previous experience in precision welding and grinding is strongly desired.
- Manufacturing background a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
With over 20 years of recruiting and human resources experience, Yolanda possess a specialization in the talent acquisition space.
She has spent most of her career in the staffing industry. Yolanda prides herself in having the right experience allowing her to fill roles for both invasive searches as well as emergency placements.
She strives to ensure that our clients staffing needs are being met while searching for the best talent.
In Yolanda’s free time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends.