Warehouse Logistics Clerk
2802 Safran Drive Grand Prairie, TX 75052 US
This is a 6-month contract position with a possibility for extension.
Working Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00am-4:00pm
Overall Job Description:
• Receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
• Maintain stock room and ensure that all requirements and regulations are met; stockroom remains in a safe and orderly condition.
• Responsible for maintaining physical inventory and to perform kitting production and repair activity, in compliance with quality, safety and cleanliness requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Depending on the workload, can perform the duties of the Receiving, Shipping or Kitting.
- Resolve Receiving Hold with Purchasing and Customer Service
- Unload / Inspect incoming freight for damage. Routes items to appropriate department for further inspection.
- Report any damages, shortages or overages in shipments.
- Responsible for maintaining records of each incoming shipment, including the type and date.
- Coordinate with Purchasing on purchase orders / Coordinate with Quality and Customer Support Representatives on Customers LRU's.
- Counts, sorts and prioritizes incoming articles to verify receipt of items.
- Ensure that all products are shipped out in an accurate and timely manner.
- Verify paperwork coming from Quality to ensure that it matches with the parts to be shipped out.
- Ensure proper packaging and handling for all parts and units.
- Assure proper shipping services per the customer requests.
- Identify restricted shipments according to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and know how to ship out hazardous materials in an appropriate manner.
- Schedule the shipment's pick up and arrange its transport to the loading platform.
- Responsible for maintaining records of each shipment, including the type and date.
- Establish shipping rates and any other necessary charges.
- Ensure that international shipments have the appropriate customs paperwork.
- Respond to AOG calls when assigned the AOG Logistics phone.
- Locates stock and delivers items to their destination upon request.
- Kits parts from bill of materials and deliver them to production area (move or transport material or supplies to the shop floor).
- Manages Kanban replenishment system
- 1+ year experience working in a stock room in a manufacturing/MRO environment/logistics
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience with receiving/shipping HazMat
- Knowledge of Quality processes and requirements and Safety
- Familiarity with customs & FAA regulations
- The ability to read, write and interpret shipping, receiving and other types of documents
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must stand for significant periods of time and sometimes carry large items for shipment.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities require
Meet Your Recruiter
Business Development Specialist
As a Business Development Specialist for Marquee Staffing, Anthony works on placing candidates in roles in Healthcare, IT, Accounting/Finance, and Digital Marketing. Prior to employment at Marquee Staffing, Anthony worked for 6 years within the healthcare industry. He strives to build genuine partnerships with clients to provide personal first-class service through Marquee Staffing. Anthony works to find the perfect match between job seekers and employers. Outside of work, Anthony enjoys spending time with his wife and family and his hobbies include tennis, snowboarding, martial arts, and the gym.