VP Operations , Aerospace Component Mfg.
900 South Richfield Road Placentia, CA 92870 US
The Vice President of Operations provides leadership and promotes an “Ownership, Career Development, and Accountability” culture across all segments of the organization. The VPO has direct responsibility for the teams supporting all plant operations including Production, Purchasing, Planning, and Maintenance across the business sites located in Santa Ana, CA and Pennsauken NJ. The VPO will be responsible for manufacturing operations, supply chain, manufacturing engineering, EH&S, material control, assembly/test, procurement, production control, quality, and shipping & receiving.
Peers include individuals responsible for Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Finance, Human Resources. IT and Quality Control. As a key member of the leadership team, the Vice President of Operations will participate regularly in evaluating and establishing division direction.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive a culture of accountability and produce results for safety, sales, delivery, and quality through effective mentorship, performance management and operational excellence.
- Hire, coach and develop leaders within your team with challenging assignments and opportunities for additional responsibilities and career growth.
- Lead the annual planning process for Operations, Quality, Facility, and Supply Chain areas.
- Lead, monitor, and ensure productivity goals are realized in the financial statements.
- As a member of the Executive team set an example and hold the organization accountable for teamwork, collaboration, integrity, and respect in achievement of our 3 value drivers.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline. An MBA is desirable.
- 10+ years of leadership positions in manufacturing operations with budgetary or with P&L responsibility (Plant Manager, Site Leader).
- Has an ownership mentality for their performance, for their team’s performance and for total business outcome
- Experience in high-complexity, low volume, high mix aerospace and defense production.
- Demonstrated success in strategic efforts to drive consistent productivity gains.
- Ability to balance long-term manufacturing strategy and day-to-day execution.
- Can create a learning environment that drives measureable improvements through empowerment of people and management by data.
- Strong bias for Action & Collaboration.
- Strong numerical and business acumen for understanding how to impact the income statement and balance sheet as well as invest to grow the business.
- Ability to motivate and develop a team as well as individuals.
- This position oversees operations in Pennsauken NJ and Santa Ana CA which will require a strong ability to lead through planning, process management and measuring of work as well as interpersonal skills.
- Integrity, open communication, and a willingness to address difficult organizational issues with diplomacy, honesty, and respect.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Executive VP, Marquee Workforce Solutions
Chris joins Marquee with over 20 years of experience in the industry, specializing in engineering and technical staffing within Aerospace, Medical Device, Robotics /Automation and Industrial Instrumentation industries. Chris’s strong understanding of the product development process and correlating manufacturing requirements of his clients has supported the growth of many Southern California technology leaders.
Prior to joining Marquee, Chris was the Founder and President of Pacific Technical Search, Inc., an engineering and technical staffing firm servicing Southern California for 19 years. His commitment to building long term partnerships with his clients and having an understanding of each of their unique staffing needs has led to outstanding results. Originally from the East Coast, Chris earned his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Vermont where he played Division 1 basketball. In his free time, Chris enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, surfing and making custom longboard skateboards.