Trade Compliance Specialist , Aerospace Mfg.
3701 West Warner Santa Ana, CA 92704 US
Supports all activities across the company related to management and continued implementation of effective compliance programs under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Develops and maintains trade compliance policies and operational procedures and updates them according to the regulatory changes brought about by the US government and other procedural changes that apply to trade compliance. Prepares complex licenses and agreements to support sales programs and initiatives including agents and reseller agreements. Manages training program to support overall business compliance with International Trade Compliance.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provides oversight for trade compliance matters based on local and international regulation including:
- Works with legal counsel to ensure compliance for all import and export transactions. Authors policies and procedures, and publishes trade compliance manuals.
- Prepares and submits export licenses and agreements as well as monitors the implementation of the technology control plan and other export and import compliance related procedures and work instructions.
- Provides necessary trade compliance training and updates for employees with import/export compliance functions.
- Maintains and assists with the implementation of company import/export compliance procedures and work instructions.
- Lead the development and implementation of company policy, procedures, guidelines and instructions to support compliance with US and International export and import regulations and company policy.
- When needed, reviews and validates the export classifications of parts, materials, data, and services.
- Assists Contracts with the structuring and negotiating of commercial and defense agreements with customers, suppliers and partners, ranging from NDAs to complex sale and licensing agreements.
- Maintain applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve presentations, briefings, documents and other information provided to foreign persons for compliance with licenses and regulations prior to release outside the company.
- Advises officers and senior managers of corporate legal responsibilities.
- Conduct internal compliance reviews as required.
- Participates in project and contract reviews.
- Supports development/updates of contracts and agreements to ensure compliance to all relevant regulations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college preferably in business with emphasis in International Business and Contract Administration. Or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience and at least 2 years managing trade compliance programs.
- Technical background and prior experience in DoD security and critical technical information and/or corporate compliance and internal investigation is also a plus.
- Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of the FAR, DFARS, US EAR and ITAR regulations as well as use of SNAP R and D-Trade 2 licensing processes.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience of commercial/government contract law, with pragmatic approach to application.
- Experience researching, interpreting and applying government regulations (ex. ITAR, EAR)
- Must have high level of initiative and be able to work independently and a strong bias for action to manage and complete projects on time in this fast paced environment.
- Possesses strong leadership, analytical, verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to teach others across multiple business functions on complex export compliance and regulatory issues and processes.
- Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently, and take initiative to address situations before issues arise.
- Ability to support individuals at multiple locations with timely and accurate responses.
- Flexible, cooperative and collaborative; demonstrating ability to adapt to changing US government, customer and company conditions.
- Strong continuous improvement philosophy and attention to detail.
- Strong attention to detail. Excellent organizational, prioritization and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office. Experience with Costpoint and SYSPRO desirable.
Periodic travel is required to support training and audits at two locations, as well as project functions such as supplier visits, product testing, and technical customer meetings.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Director Executive Placement
Greg is a dedicated and hardworking professional who is your go-to recruiter for all things related to engineering, supply chain, operations, and executive level recruiting. He brings with him over 15 years’ experience in finding talent for small to Fortune 100 organizations with his success founded on building relationships and in providing top-level customer service. Greg is consistently a top performer, and the recipient of numerous company awards.
Greg is an avid Cubs fan; enjoys Marvel movies; Discovery, History, and is a Science Channel fan! Greg is 100% Greek
If you are ever in the mood to break some plates, and yell Opa!, He is your guy!