Toy Product Development Manager
17682 Cowan #100 Irvine, CA 92614 US
We are seeking to directly hire a Toy Product Developer for our client in Irvine, CA. The client is a multinational company that designs, develops and manufactures custom consumer products for some of the world’s most recognizable brands. The team creates best-in-class products ranging across vinyl figures, statues, playsets, electronics, collectibles, replicas, action figures, key chains and pins.
We are seeking to directly hire a Toy Product Developer for our client in Irvine, CA that has been in business since 2010! The client is a multinational company that designs, develops and manufactures custom consumer products for some of the world’s most recognizable brands. The team creates best-in-class products ranging across vinyl figures, statues, playsets, electronics, collectibles, replicas, action figures, key chains and pins.
Toy manufacturing experience is a firm requirement for this role as it relates to end-user safety regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the product development process from start to finish; with a strategic focus on cost, safety, quality, timing and schedule.
- Establish critical paths and milestones to ensure schedule adherence and successful delivery of products.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on 3D images, prototypes, off-tool samples and production samples.
- Provide product suggestions to save on cost and improve quality; evaluate ways to expedite and optimize schedules.
- Ensure new designs and samples are consistent with the integrity of the customer’s brands; follow up on all product approvals.
- Provide design and engineering solutions throughout the product development life cycle; identify risks and opportunities to mitigate potential delays and product challenges.
- Suggest ways to innovate and improve existing designs; work closely with vendors to balance business, technical and design objectives.
- Maintain diligent and daily communication with overseas teams & factories; respond to questions & provide updates on a timely basis.
- Maintain daily communication with all customers; providing product updates & answering all development questions on a timely basis.
- Liaise with US office, factories and international teams regarding development, pre-production and shipment samples.
- Schedule and engage in regular conference calls with overseas teams and vendors.
- Engage in product design reviews and brainstorming of new products.
- Travel overseas to Asia (as needed).
- Manage domestic China CCC testing and factory compliance.
- Communicate with testing labs regarding document submissions and generic TRF requests; Follow up on report status and routine re- submissions (when the testing reports are expired).
- Complete routine administrative tasks as needed.
Skills and Requirements
- Industry related experience (i.e. consumer products, toys, collectibles, etc.)
- Experience with toy development and manufacturing
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills; goal and deadline oriented.
- Highly motivated; able to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment.
Perks & Benefits
- 1-Week All Expenses Paid Vacation with team in Hawaii
- Monday-Friday Work Life Balance
- Health Benefits (medical, dental and vision) + 401(k)
- Discretionary Bonus Based on Performance
- Company sponsored social events (i.e., dinners, sporting activities, retreats)
- Creative work environment (i.e., dogs in office, ping pong table, outdoor grills and common area, basketball hoops)
Meet Your Recruiter
Business Development Specialist
As a Business Development Specialist for Marquee Staffing, Anthony works on placing candidates in roles in Healthcare, IT, Accounting/Finance, and Digital Marketing. Prior to employment at Marquee Staffing, Anthony worked for 6 years within the healthcare industry. He strives to build genuine partnerships with clients to provide personal first-class service through Marquee Staffing. Anthony works to find the perfect match between job seekers and employers. Outside of work, Anthony enjoys spending time with his wife and family and his hobbies include tennis, snowboarding, martial arts, and the gym.