Toy Product Designer
17682 Cowan #100 Irvine, CA 92614 US
We are seeking to directly hire a full-time Toy Production Designer for our client in Irvine, CA. The client is a multinational company that designs, develops and manufactures custom consumer products for some of the world’s most recognizable brands. The team creates best-in-class products ranging across vinyl figures, statues, playsets, electronics, collectibles, replicas, action figures, key chains and pins.
Location: 100% Onsite
Work Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am-6:00pm
We are only considering applicants local to Southern California.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out entry-level design and illustrator tasks after idea has been conceptualized by product manager and clients.
- Manage post-production tasks. Very little ideation will be involved in this role.
- Create colored renderings of new product costs
- Work on graphic design as associated to packaging, layouts and presentations.
- Maintain diligent and daily communication with overseas teams & factories; respond to questions & provide updates on a timely basis.
- Maintain daily communication with all customers; providing product updates & answering all development questions on a timely basis.
- Liaise with US office, factories and international teams regarding development, pre-production and shipment samples.
- Schedule and engage in regular conference calls with overseas teams and vendors.
- Engage in product design reviews and brainstorming of new products.
- Manage domestic China CCC testing and factory compliance.
- Communicate with testing labs regarding document submissions and generic TRF requests; Follow up on report status and routine re- submissions (when the testing reports are expired).
- Complete routine administrative tasks as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator (Adobe Creative Suite) REQUIRED.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
- Industry related experience (i.e. consumer products, toys, collectibles, etc.)
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills; goal and deadline oriented.
- Highly motivated; able to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment.
Perks & Benefits:
- 1-Week All Expenses Paid Vacation with team in Hawaii
- Monday-Friday Work Life Balance
- Health Benefits (medical, dental and vision) + 401(k)
- Discretionary Bonus Based on Performance
- Company sponsored social events (i.e., dinners, sporting activities, retreats)
- Creative work environment (i.e., dogs in office, ping pong table, outdoor grills and common area, basketball hoops)
Meet Your Recruiter
As a Recruiter, Kyle works on placing candidates in positions in Assembly and Warehouse fields. Prior to joining the Marquee Staffing team, Kyle worked as a barista and waiter for 6 years. He recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the California State University, Long Beach. Kyle strives in his work to place individuals in positions that would be the best fit for both the client and candidate. Outside of work, Kyle enjoys spending time with his family and friends.