Toy Product Designer
17682 Cowan #100 Irvine, CA 92614 US
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Illustrate and hand sketch new product concepts for toy designs
- Create colored renderings of new product costs
- Prepare concept sheets to send to oversees vendors for costing and to explain the product highlights.
- Work on graphic design as associated to packaging, layouts and presentations.
- Suggest ways to innovate and improve existing designs; work closely with vendors to balance business, technical and design objectives.
- Maintain diligent and daily communication with overseas teams & factories; respond to questions & provide updates on a timely basis.
- Maintain daily communication with all customers; providing product updates & answering all development questions on a timely basis.
- Liaise with US office, factories and international teams regarding development, pre-production and shipment samples.
- Schedule and engage in regular conference calls with overseas teams and vendors.
- Engage in product design reviews and brainstorming of new products.
- Travel overseas to Asia (as needed).
- Manage domestic China CCC testing and factory compliance.
- Communicate with testing labs regarding document submissions and generic TRF requests; Follow up on report status and routine re- submissions (when the testing reports are expired).
- Complete routine administrative tasks as needed.
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
- Industry related experience (i.e. consumer products, toys, collectibles, etc.)
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills; goal and deadline oriented.
- Highly motivated; able to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Health Benefits (medical, dental and vision)
- Retirement Benefits - 401(K) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Discretionary Bonus
- Company sponsored social events (i.e., dinners, sporting activities, retreats)
- Creative work environment (i.e., dogs in office, ping pong table, outdoor grills and common area, basketball hoops)
Meet Your Recruiter
Business Development Specialist
As a Business Development Specialist for Marquee Staffing, Anthony works on placing candidates in roles in Healthcare, IT, Accounting/Finance, and Digital Marketing. Prior to employment at Marquee Staffing, Anthony worked for 6 years within the healthcare industry. He strives to build genuine partnerships with clients to provide personal first-class service through Marquee Staffing. Anthony works to find the perfect match between job seekers and employers. Outside of work, Anthony enjoys spending time with his wife and family and his hobbies include tennis, snowboarding, martial arts, and the gym.