Tool Design Engineer Technician
135 Sunshine Ln San Marcos, CA 92069 US
Tool Design Engineer Technician will be responsible to design and fabricate custom tooling, fixtures, and equipment to improve the safety and productivity of our production processes. Also, designs programs for CNC machining centers to efficiently fabricate replacement tooling, and fixture components. As needed, helps troubleshoot processes or equipment.
Some key responsibilities of machinist/manufacturing engineer may include:
- Identification of new opportunities for safety or mechanical improvements within the manufacturing process.
- ?Management of a project team.
- Staff training where necessary – typically after implementing new processes or equipment, or making changes to existing ones.
- Setup and program CNC-VMC & Lathe (Master-Cam and G-code knowledge)
- Use CAD or comparable software to design and machine customer tooling and fixtures
- Reads and interprets blueprints or works from verbal or written instructions or from the part to be copied or fitted.
- Plans the setup and operation of all machine shop tools, considering types of material, tolerances, cutting tools, coolants, lubricants, and machine tool feeds and speeds.
- Determines specifications for inspection of work, using precision measuring and gauging tools, performing required inspection before, during, and after machining
- Developing and maintaining clear and accurate documentation of equipment or processes.
- Performs hand operations in producing jigs, fixtures, tools, and dies. Uses hand tools of the trade.
- Fits and assembles jigs, fixtures, tools, and dies. Sets up, runs off, and tests dies to produce a product to specifications, tracing die difficulties to their source and correcting same.
- Uses a full range of precision measuring and gauging tools to perform an inspection before the start of the job.
- Makes repair parts if not commercially available.
- Setup and operate typical machine shop machine tools, Mills, Lathes, Surface Grinders, Band Saws, Etc. Producing parts to tolerances and company specifications. Uses typical machinist’s hand tools.
- Troubleshooting processes or equipment when errors occur. Assist in repairs as required.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Provides technical support to production teams.
- Perform additional duties as required by supervisor.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
Knowledge & Experience:
- Years of experience:3 years related experience as a qualified tool and die machinist, and design/fabrication of custom parts & equipment
- Experience with Mastercam, CAD, or equivalent software
- Drafting and dimensioning parts
- Reverse engineering and redesign of parts
- Requires a very high degree of precision and control in work where damage could be high and where muscular control and delicate touch are required to prevent injury to self and others when operating machine tools.
- Ability to produce precision work.
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications.
- Experienced in the use of a full line of inspection and measuring equipment.
Compensation: $72,000 - $ 108,500 D.O.E.
Meet Your Recruiter
Maribel came to Marquee Staffing with an extensive background as a Customer Service Professional working for a high-end manufacturer in the sporting goods industry. Maribel joined Marquee Staffing in 2021 as a Talent Coordinator where her primary focus was to assist the recruiting team with onboarding new hires. Maribel quickly outgrew the role and transitioned to a Sr. Recruiter. By 2022 Maribel was one of the top performers in the branch!
In Maribel’s spare time, she enjoys spending time traveling with her husband and her three girls.