Tool & Die Maker
9810 6th St Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730 US
Under limited supervision, plans, lays-out, and constructs, alters and repairs complex dies, jigs, and fixtures. Performs precision inspection of completed dies to ensure conformance to specification. Diagnoses problems related to dies and provides technical support in initial set-up. Recommends design, material, and tool usage changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES – other duties may be assigned
1. Plans, lays-out, and performs machining operations and bench work to construct, alter, and repair compound and progressive dies of complex design
2. Organizes and determines work procedures.
3. Follows drawings, specifications, sketches, and instructions
4. Sets-up, adjusts, and operates machine tools to perform close tolerance operations to machine die cavities of multiple configurations and dimensions
5. Fits, assembles, and finishes dies and assists in first set-up for trial;
6. Diagnoses problems and instructs operations on use and function.
7. Verifies dimension, clearances, and alignment of components and parts in dies using precision instruments.
8. May plan, lay-out, and construct jigs and fixtures.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. 2 years of trade school and/or 4 year accredited journeyman apprenticeship program plus 5 or more years of diversified die making experience;
2. Requires knowledge of machining technology, precision measuring procedures, machine set-ups, and the machining and forming characteristics of materials
3. Easy Trak program knowledge is a plus
4. High School Diploma or GED
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and follow verbal instructions in English
2. Must be able to use the full range of machine and hand tools.
3. Must be able to visualize and conceptualize operation of appropriate type of die to accomplish desired end results.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Works in a factory environment and is exposed to dirt heat, grit, sparks, noise, fumes, and dust.
2. Duties and responsibilities performed normally do require special physical requirements including sitting, prolonged standing, walking, pushing and pulling, repetitive use of hands, grasping, and occasional lifting of material up to 100 pounds.
Meet Your Recruiter
Erika Castro is a recent graduate from Chapman University, where she majored in Sociology and minored in Latinx and Latin American Studies. As a Recruiter at Marquee Staffing, she specializes in manufacturing and production roles within the medical device industry. Her previous recruiting experience involved working for the state of California to fill open seasonal positions.
In her free time, Erika enjoys hiking the nearby hills, traveling to San Francisco and Mexico, and reading the newest book that has caught her interest.