Systems Development Manager
1100 Valencia Avenue , One Ricoh Square Buford, GA 30515 US
Electronics Manufacturing Company is hiring a bilingual (English/Japanese) iSeries Systems Manager with strong business acumen to manage the planning, design & requirements, development, implementation, and maintenance of assigned business applications systems to support Company's supply chain business operations.
The iSeries Systems Manager Will:
- Manage the development and execution of project plans for iSeries business application systems. Help determine project scope, direction, and methodology and plan the full range of project design and implementation phases needed to achieve desired results with operation and/or functional group assigned.
- Oversee project adherence to plans, manage personnel, schedules, and resources as needed to optimize project gains and limit risk factors. Assist with post-implementation results to ensure that project deliverables achieve projected business value.
- Assist with development of short- and long-term business systems plans to align information technology with business needs for assigned systems.
- Investigate, analyze, and evaluate iSeries business applications and recommend system development projects. Evaluate business cases, analyze project cost/benefit, determine return on investment and propose budget recommendations.
- Support the design, development, modification, testing, and installation of assigned business applications to meet business requirements. Assist and support creation of program specifications, flowcharts, and documentation for new or existing applications. Advises users on the best approach for addressing system needs and makes recommendations to management on decisions to host, develop, purchase or subscribe to business solutions.
- Provide technical support and end-user consulting for assigned business applications. Assist and support the resolution of system and user problems.
- Support the enforcement and application of IT policies, procedures, and controls in the execution of assigned business application projects. Participate in internal and external audits by testing controls or interfacing with auditors and providing requested information. Recommend new or improved remediation methods for identified deficiencies.
- Recommend on applying methods and procedures and executing new work assignments
- Manage Personnel
- Recommend performance standards
- Recommend and assist with Training and coaching for personnel development
- Provide feedback for personnel performance appraisals
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years experience working with AS400 business applications and manufacturing systems.
- 5+ years of experience working with AS400 systems, including system design & requirements, documentation, and development, required
- Experience working in supply chain and/or manufacturing industry, required,
- Working knowledge of manufacturing operations, systems, supply chain import/export processing, and compliance.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English and Japanese to effectively communicate within the business and IT environment.
- Working knowledge of Data Exchange with Business Partners
- Knowledge of IT SOX Compliance and IT Security
- 3+ years of supervisory experience required.
- Strong leadership, project management, decision-making, presentation, and organization skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
As Branch Manager, Alexis Cabero focuses on identifying talent for a variety of industries including medical devices, administrative support, customer service, engineering, and human resources. Graduating from The University of California, Irvine with a B.A. in Arts and Digital Media, Alexis’ recruiting career began in 2014 while staffing for assisted living facilities, where she matched passionate healthcare professionals to provide personal non-medical care for home care clients. Alexis is passionate about helping others recognize their potential, and does so by using a thorough discovery process with her candidates to better understand what areas they excel in and providing opportunities exclusive to Marquee Staffing.
While out of office, Alexis enjoys spending her free time with family and her five dogs.