914 E Katella Ave Anaheim, CA 92805 US
We are seeking a structural engineer with 5-10 years’ experience and licensed in the state of California as a PE or SE. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of the following:
- New buildings of all materials (Wood | Steel | Concrete | Masonry | Cold Formed Steel)
- Modifications of existing buildings of all materials
- Single and multistory building design
- Seismic retrofits
- Seismic design of non-structural components
- Sufficient working / conceptual knowledge of structural engineering to utilize computer programs and spreadsheets to provide complete engineering calculations.
- Computer skills: Windows environment, Outlook, Excel, Word, Enercalc, RISA Suite (3D, Foundation, Section, Connection), AutoCAD, some Revit experience preferred but not required.
- Capacity to take a job from start to finish including all drawings with foundation plans, framing plans and all relevant details.
- Capacity to visualize and detail unique connections for all material types to come up with creative solutions to construction problems.
- Communicate effectively with other senior engineers, architects and construction personnel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing structural engineering calculations for city submittal
- Working with a drafter to develop plans for city submittal, including details
- Managing, mentoring and assisting junior level engineers
- Performing site visits to document field conditions and structural observations (travel may be required on an occasional basis)
- Manage clients
- Coordinate with the building department to complete the permit process including corrections
The successful candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- B.S. in Structural Engineering, masters preferred.
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience.
- Registered professional engineer in California, or will obtain in the next year
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prior project management and supervisory experience.
Additional preferred qualifications include the following:
- Working knowledge of point clouds
Meet Your Recruiter
As Senior Recruiter, Emily works on finding qualified candidates for medical device and aerospace industry as well supporting our clients as account manager. Emily focuses on finding the right people for her clients and the right fit for her candidates. Emily graduated from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona with a degree in Hospitality Management, Prior to working as a recruiter, Emily worked managing coffee shops for over 10 years. Emily uses her customer service skills and background to help people find their ideal work environment.
During her off time, Emily enjoys cooking, baking and spending time with her husband, two sons and her dog Rosie.