915 Armorlite Drive San Marcos, CA 92069 US
STAFF ACCOUNTANT FOR LARGE MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN NORTH COUNTY SAN DIEGO!
76-80k Year. Direct Hire! DOE
This person will provide a multitude of services such as performing a variety of accounting, and bookkeeping tasks.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining general ledgers, financial reports, preparation and analysis of budgets, performs a variety of complex bookkeeping, and filing reports. This position requires involvement in company/department and provides support while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced working environment that is quiet.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- The first work week of every month includes key accounting deadlines and corporate financial reporting (Print daily company cash deposit:
- Citibank on-line incoming wires
- Lock box on-line checks
- Review and report on daily gross margin and negative margin results to management.
- Process daily credit memos received from Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, RFR’s, ICO’s and from RMA’s.
- Cross-trained to review and reconcile daily labor Manufacturing direct hours to payroll hours.
- Review daily inventory adjustments and cycle counts for coding, validating quantity, descriptions and dollars in order to post to the general ledger.
- Cross-trained to maintain files on the fixed assets by keeping records, tagging assets, and reconciling to balance sheet accounts after receiving invoices from Accounts Payable.
- Daily account analysis of purchase price variances.
- Assist in updating of standard purchase prices for inventory in JD Edwards and Japan’s PCM (Product
- Review work order bill of materials and router cost for supervisory review and update.
- Review, compute and prepare monthly commissions
- Review and validate monthly ship & debit credit requests for unit price decreases.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliation and analyses for all balance sheet accounts and expense accounts as required.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation analysis.
- Monthly reconciliation of inventory and work-in-progress.
- Multiple journal entries for cash, pre-paid, accruals, non-A/R, receipt routing, inventory and others.
- Complete management reports such as gross margin, sales, manufacturing data amongst other reports.
- Assist in yearly audits performed by outside auditors, internal SEI audits and government audits.
- Assist in developing the company budget.
- Projects as assigned: work and meet project deadlines while working daily, weekly, monthly tasks. Ability to utilize power point to present on projects if necessary and take initiative to lead and/or present findings.
- Must be able to multi-task and use formulas, etc. to assist in efficiencies to complete tasks. Organizational skills required to keep apprised on tasks by having checklist, calendar to-do list, action lists, etc. This includes ability to handle reprioritization of tasks to meet corporate and/or top management requests.
- Communication effectiveness -provide feedback both verbally and written on progress of projects and day-to-day activities to immediate manager. This includes reporting when in need of help, training, guidance and/or dialogue to assist in successfully managing and completing tasks timely.
- Ability to handle stress under tight deadlines, fast pace environment and quiet atmosphere.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or a related field of study.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounting department and a working knowledge of basic accounting theories and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) are required.
- Must also possess advanced computer skills and have experience working with PC software in a spreadsheet environment. Formulas and use of pivot tables required.
- Ability to prepare account analyses and other records in an organized, neat, and professional manner.
- Must be a self-starter and a leader in the accounting department, capable of working independently and with little direct supervision.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are essential.
Meet Your Recruiter
Prior to joining Marquee Staffing, Damian worked as an Assistant Manager at In-N-Out while attending the Firefighter Academy. Damian was later given the opportunity to shift his career towards business development and talent acquisition, where he's been able to use his customer service experience and charisma to thrive. Despite his career changes, his passion for networking and building relationships only grows.
In Damian's free time, he plays drums for local country bands, and enjoys live music, going to the gym, binge watching Netflix, and dining out. He is also a dog dad to a Husky named Lacey Grace and loves to spend time with her at dog parks, beaches, and strolling through the Carlsbad Village. Damian also likes to treat Lacey Grace to ice cream when she's been a good dog!