Staff Accountant / General Ledger
58 Discovery Irvine, CA 92618 US
No remote work available
Pay is up to $46ph
Regular office hours
The General Ledger Sr. Staff Accountant position is responsible for key balance sheet reconciliations such as cash, current liabilities and intangibles. This position is also responsible for sales and use tax accounting and intercompany accounting. This position works closely with other accounting team members for month-end close, and assist outside auditors during reviews and audits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reconcile multiple, high volume cash accounts including credit card deposits
- Perform time sensitive monthly closing activities including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and analytics.
- Preparation of sales and use tax return data
- Intercompany invoicing and reconciliation
- Monthly expense accruals analysis, review and JE posting
- Participate in annual audit and quarterly reviews with the Company’s outside auditors.
- Assist in special projects as necessary.
- At least 3-5 years of general ledger accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with major ERPs, preferably Oracle
- Detailed oriented and ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proactive and independent
Meet Your Recruiter
A native to Orange County, Nina’s staffing career began in 2006 placing quality engineering candidates with distinguished companies as a successful recruiter and client manager. Nina specializes in recruiting for mechanical and electrical engineers in all industries from aerospace, medical device and manufacturing. She understands the engineering programs and importance of matching specific technical skills for position success. Her strong connections within the industry have been vital in her success. Nina’s excitement in placing engineers is due to the direct impact the products have on people’s lives: Everything we touch has been engineered in one form or another. She currently works as an on-site manager at a prominent medical device company.
Outside of work, Nina has been a dedicated volunteer to local nonprofit organizations for the past 15 years. She also enjoys being outdoors, hiking and spending time with her three children.