Sr. iSeries Systems Analyst
Buford, CA US
iSeries System Analyst Responsibilities:
- System Planning - Identify, analyze and document business needs and system requirements by conferring with staff or users.
- Develop, investigate, analyze and evaluate system alternatives to prepare recommendations for moderately complex to complex design components of a project.
- Advise users in selecting system solutions.
- Project Management/Coordination - Develops and executes project plans for the development and/or implementation of projects.
- Monitor project adherence to schedule and takes action to ensure project is completed timely and efficiently.
- Provide direction to users in the execution of project steps.
- System Development - Develop, modify, maintain, test and install moderately complex to complex applications to meet business requirements.
- Create program specifications, flowcharts and documentation for new or existing applications.
- Code and debug programs in accordance with systems design and technical specifications.
- System/Program Troubleshooting - Provide technical support for assigned applications and business systems. Provide staff and users with assistance in solving system problems.
- Investigate issues, test and implement solutions. Review and adjust code to correct errors or improve functionality.
- System Maintenance - Perform ongoing systems maintenance of moderately complex to complex custom and enterprise applications to ensure proper application operation, functional efficiency and effectiveness.
- Technology Assessment - Researches, identifies and evaluates new technologies and product solutions to meet current and future business requirements for moderately complex or medium-sized projects or portions of larger projects.
- Governance, Risk Management and Compliance – Apply IT controls in the execution of systems projects. Participate in IT governance initiatives as a subject matter expert through constructing, maintaining and advising in the application of compliance documentation. Participate in internal and external audits by testing controls or interfacing with auditors and providing requested information.
- User Training and Presentations - Develop and deliver presentations to explain systems issues and promote preferred solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, and 5 years of IBM-I system: RPG (RPG III, IV, ILE, SQLRPGLE), CLP, DDS, Query, SQL programming and sub-file experience
- 5+ years of system development experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Very strong MS Office skills, particularly with Visual-Basic
- Experience with Aldon solution, EDI, FTP, XML, Accounting and/or Cloud solutions preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience of application development methodology, Development Life Cycle, Manufacturing Operation Workflow, Business Application technology, and analytical/system tools including DFU, FTP, EDI and Job Scheduler.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance
- Very strong math, statistical-analysis, research and technical documentation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing business requirements
- Ability to build positive working relationships and partnerships. Team-player, with the ability to work with non-technical end-users.
- Must be available for after-hours and weekend “On-call” duty
- Very good, problem-solving, organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Must be willing and able to work on-site at our Buford, Ga facility.
Meet Your Recruiter
As Branch Manager, Alexis Cabero focuses on identifying talent for a variety of industries including medical devices, administrative support, customer service, engineering, and human resources. Graduating from The University of California, Irvine with a B.A. in Arts and Digital Media, Alexis’ recruiting career began in 2014 while staffing for assisted living facilities, where she matched passionate healthcare professionals to provide personal non-medical care for home care clients. Alexis is passionate about helping others recognize their potential, and does so by using a thorough discovery process with her candidates to better understand what areas they excel in and providing opportunities exclusive to Marquee Staffing.
While out of office, Alexis enjoys spending her free time with family and her five dogs.