Sr. Staff Accountant
2875 Loker Ave East Carlsbad, CA 92010 US
The Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for general ledger accounting, journal entries, reconciliations, financial reporting and financial analysis. The ability to work in a collaborative manner across various functions of the organizations is essential.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and ensure that general ledger accounts are reconciled with resolution to reconciling items
- Reconcile general ledgers, process journal entries, and assist with the preparation of financial statements.
- Accruals, fixed-assets, revenue recognition & variance analysis
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents. Verify and analyze business records, transactions, and procedures.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliation for assigned general ledger accounts and balance sheets.
- Prepare schedules for reviews and year-end audit.
- Prepare schedules and file sales/use and excise taxes.
Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Experience–2+ years of accounting experience
- Must be able to use the ERP system and have PowerPoint, MS Word and Excel skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
Pay: $80,000-$100,000 DOE
Schedule: Hybrid after 90 days
Hours: 8 AM to 5 PM
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Benefits: 30 days following the 1st of the month
Meet Your Recruiter
With over 20 years of recruiting and human resources experience, Yolanda possess a specialization in the talent acquisition space.
She has spent most of her career in the staffing industry. Yolanda prides herself in having the right experience allowing her to fill roles for both invasive searches as well as emergency placements.
She strives to ensure that our clients staffing needs are being met while searching for the best talent.
In Yolanda’s free time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends.