Sr. Equipment Maintenance Technicians , Medical Device
5964 La Place Ct. Carlsbad, CA 92008 US
Innovative and rapidly growing diagnostic instrumentation manufacturer is actively seeking multiple Sr Equipment Maintenance Technicians to join their team for 2nd & 3rd shifts. Technicians will be responsible for daily maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs of factory equipment. We offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in making decisions on engineering and/or equipment related problems and/or concerns
- Responsible for maintaining manufacturing and R&D equipment and instruments to the manufacturers’ specification
- Maintain equipment calibration, status, and maintenance schedules
- Responsible for proper instrument implementation, testing, and validation
- Responsible for proper maintenance and care of commercial analytical instruments in a chemistry and biochemistry laboratory
- Support and maintain equipment inventory levels as needed to sustain both R&D and manufacturing environments (such as gases, water, and DI tanks)
- Good facilitation, communication, self-discipline, teamwork, and task organizational skills
- Document Equipment and Engineering activities in accordance to established procedures, company policies, FDA, and other regulatory requirement.
- Apply electronic/mechanical knowledge and skills to assist with continued development of efficient practices
- Maintain test equipment, fixtures, and tooling needed to support manufacturing and R&D company needs
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as assigned
Position Requirements Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or scientific field, FDA, cGMPs, and/or ISO knowledge a plus.
- At least three to five (3-5) years of experience safely sustaining instruments related to manufacturing and R&D environments
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working within a similar manufacturing environment and basic computer skill are required
Skills – Technical
- Direct hands-on experience in maintaining electro-mechanical equipment
- Experience with safe handling of compressed gases, treated water systems such as DI tanks
- Knowledge of CGMP, FDA 21 CFR-Part 820 would be beneficial.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot both mechanical and electronic systems.
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory diagnostic instrument software and systems.
- Experience using documents and quality control procedures which include best practices.
- Knowledge of chemistry or biochemistry would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with industry standards for electronic design and safety such as ASME, IEEE, UL, CSA, CE and others would be helpful but not required.
Skills - General
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others in a proactive, positive and constructive manner
- Strong quality-orientation with attention to detail and a desire to deliver service excellence is essential • Must be a hands-on, self-directed, organized and a conscientious individual
- Complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments
- Must be able to think and work both tactically and strategically to provide operational needs to business
- Ability to read, write and analyze complex documents
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries, customer inquiries or complaints as well as communicate effectively both orally and in writing with management, peers and individuals
- Ability to work effectively, exhibit a professional manner and establish constructive working relationships
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem-solving, judgment and decision making skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Branch Manager
Brad’s professional career began after graduating from the California State University, San Marcos with a B.A. in Communication and moving to Spain to teach English. After two years, he returned to the U.S. and joined Marquee Staffing in 2018. He began his career as a Recruiter and was quickly allured by the fast-paced and competitive nature of the industry. He has since taken on multiple roles within Marquee Staffing, most recently as Regional Branch Manager, but stays true to his roots in recruiting.
Outside of work, Brad enjoys exploring new hiking trails, an afternoon run, traveling to new destinations, hanging with friends, and going anywhere with live music.