Sr. Electrical Engineer , Industrial Instrumentation Analog Digital
1755 La Costa Meadows Drive San Marcos, CA 92078 US
Products in current development use ARM based microprocessors. Specifically, the NXP LPC1857 and STMicroelectronics STM32H743XIH6.
New product requirements include A/C and D/C power supply options and 4-20 mA outputs. Some products also require relays.
New products require a USB interface and a digital touchscreen display option.
New products may require support for various bus protocols such as HART, Modbus, and Ethernet.
New products must comply with EMC directives and other certifications such as FM.
- BSEE 5 or more years of progressive work experience in a leadership role overseeing design analog, digital circuits and some embedded software, or MSEE with 3-5 years of progressive supervisory experience overseeing design analog and digital circuits and some experience in designing embedded software.
- Strong Knowledge of circuit and software design tools for the development of embedded application.
- Able to design products that can be manufactured with multiple-configuration options.
- Solid experience in the design of serial communication interfaces such as USB and RS485.
- Solid experience in preparing manufacturing work instructions, and excellent documentation skills.
- Experience of rigorous attention to detail with focus on robustness, cost efficiency and quality of products.
- Strong passion for working with technology and must have the excitement for creating high quality complex process control instruments.
- Experience with the use of schematics and drawings, perform modifications and complete rework to new and used subassemblies and circuit analysis programs.
- Able to use oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, system analyzers and in-circuit emulators.
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Hands on use of lab test equipment.
- Strong ability to inspire and motivate stakeholders including cross functional groups.
- Ability to provide mentoring and assistance to the new engineers
Meet Your Recruiter
Andrew’s professional career began after he graduated from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology with a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering. Andrew joins Marquee Staffing as an Executive Technical Recruiter with a focus on direct hire placements within Engineering, Computer Science, Administration, and other Technical roles. Since joining the Carlsbad office, Andrew has strived to learn the ins and outs of the recruiting industry, with his sights set on being one of the company’s top recruiters in his first year. Andrew’s main goal is to keep learning and expanding his technical background to touch upon all engineering disciplines during his career as a recruiter.
Prior to joining Marquee Staffing, Andrew excelled on the football field, starting five consecutive seasons, winning a conference championship, and finishing his career as the #1 quarterback in his school's history. Andrew continued to play football professionally in Northern Germany and started as quarterback for the Kiel Baltic Hurricanes after his graduation. Outside of work, Andrew enjoys spending time with his cat Aussie, snowboarding, finding hidden beach spots, and spending time with his family. Andrew is also a Fiji Brother in the Rho Phi chapter of Phi Gamma Delta.