Shipping and Receiving Lead
2221 Rutherford Road Carlsbad, CA 92008 US
• Assists in training team with all shipping and receiving duties.
• Verifies all incoming and outgoing shipments for correct packing slip, bill of landing information, and visible damage.
• Communicates with others to ensure shipping and receiving-related problems are resolved.
• Ensures shipping and receiving documents are complete.
• Stages loading and unloading areas with appropriate equipment, materials, and space.
• Prepares, packages, documents, and delivers outgoing materials.
• Promotes the Safety Policy within the Shipping and Receiving department.
• Recommends and assists in implementing operating procedures and promotes continual improvement from within the department and company.
• Follows ISO processes and makes recommendations for improvement when applicable.
• Maintains communication with supervisor and other managers.
• Communicates with suppliers, receivers, and drivers.
• Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities that may be assigned at any time.
Meet Your Recruiter
Prior to joining Marquee Staffing, Damian worked as an Assistant Manager at In-N-Out while attending the Firefighter Academy. Damian was later given the opportunity to shift his career towards business development and talent acquisition, where he's been able to use his customer service experience and charisma to thrive. Despite his career changes, his passion for networking and building relationships only grows.
In Damian's free time, he plays drums for local country bands, and enjoys live music, going to the gym, binge watching Netflix, and dining out. He is also a dog dad to a Husky named Lacey Grace and loves to spend time with her at dog parks, beaches, and strolling through the Carlsbad Village. Damian also likes to treat Lacey Grace to ice cream when she's been a good dog!