4141 N. Palm Street Fullerton, CA 92835 US
Reporting to this position: None Position summary:
The quality engineer shall be thoroughly experienced in interpreting customer and internal quality requirements and assuring the existing systems for such are compliant. Interpersonal and customer interface skills are well developed. Persons performing adequately at this level are thoroughly knowledgeable regarding the quality concepts and systems and are further developing their expertise and experience levels in these areas. Capable of presenting ideas and concepts to management in a professional manner. Essential Functions:
- Participate in Design reviews, review primary documents against customer requirements, quality requirements, inspection, and special gauge or tool requirements.
- Perform as a member of the Change Review Board to assure acceptability of changes to primary documents.
- Review manufacturing planning for incorporation of inspection and test points and determine special gauging requirements.
- Develop inspection planning for receiving, in-process, assembly, final and test inspection.
- Design or modify acceptance gauging and approve new gauge design or modifications.
- Conduct hardware non-conformance investigations and follow-up.
- Participate on Continuous Process Improvement Teams.
- Conduct internal audits of Quality system.
- Participate or facilitate customer or AS 9100 audits, perform trend analysis on product issues and corrective actions.
- Review supplier purchase orders, ratings and corrective actions.
- Develop quality plans and teams with Program Manager during proposal phase.
- Support departmental and Company training objectives and furthers the development of Quality Engineers.
- Acts as Quality Department Representative on Material Review Board (MRB).
- Assumes responsibility for customer Quality issues on the assigned product team(s).
- Assure flow of special requirements.
- Trained by Quality Manager and/or Quality Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Executive VP, Marquee Workforce Solutions
Chris joins Marquee with over 20 years of experience in the industry, specializing in engineering and technical staffing within Aerospace, Medical Device, Robotics /Automation and Industrial Instrumentation industries. Chris’s strong understanding of the product development process and correlating manufacturing requirements of his clients has supported the growth of many Southern California technology leaders.
Prior to joining Marquee, Chris was the Founder and President of Pacific Technical Search, Inc., an engineering and technical staffing firm servicing Southern California for 19 years. His commitment to building long term partnerships with his clients and having an understanding of each of their unique staffing needs has led to outstanding results. Originally from the East Coast, Chris earned his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Vermont where he played Division 1 basketball. In his free time, Chris enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, surfing and making custom longboard skateboards.