300 East Cypress Street Brea, CA 92821 US
Quality Assurance Engineer will actively lead the improvement of customer satisfaction by leading the reduction of internal non-conformances and the elimination of customer returns through the effective utilization of continuous improvement techniques. This individual will also assist in the development of quality engineering and assurance personnel through effective mentoring and skill development programs.
- Uses advanced Quality, Six Sigma methods and actively work with the production departments to effectively reduce non-conformance(s) and prevent returns.
- Responsible for developing an effective corrective and preventative program that will concentrate its efforts on reducing scrap and rework.
- Assists with operator and inspector training development requirements.
- Mentors and assists with quality engineering development requirements.
- Facilitates and processes customer returns through the material review process.
- Conducts internal audits and corrective action follow-up per internal and customer quality system requirements.
- Escorts and supports customer representatives during quality audits and responds to corrective action requests, as required.
- Evaluates and selects appropriate product evaluation equipment and establishes applicable training to personnel.
- Develops and updates Quality Program Procedures and Work Instructions and providing training to appropriate personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works effectively with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and solving parts and process issues.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines in fast paced environment.
- Ability to interpret contractual and specification requirements.
- Must be a self-motivated team leader with the ability to lead continuous improvement activities.
- Team player with ability to work well with employees and customers alike.
- High level of motivation and sense of urgency.
- Intermediate skills in working with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related STEM curriculum.
- Aerospace and/or Elastomer/Plastics manufacturing experience preferred
- Related certification such as ASQ Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, Quality Manager, Lean and Six Sigma preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Director Executive Placement
Greg is a dedicated and hardworking professional who is your go-to recruiter for all things related to engineering, supply chain, operations, and executive level recruiting. He brings with him over 15 years’ experience in finding talent for small to Fortune 100 organizations with his success founded on building relationships and in providing top-level customer service. Greg is consistently a top performer, and the recipient of numerous company awards.
Greg is an avid Cubs fan; enjoys Marvel movies; Discovery, History, and is a Science Channel fan! Greg is 100% Greek
If you are ever in the mood to break some plates, and yell Opa!, He is your guy!