Punch Press Operator A & B
9810 6th St Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730 US
The individual must follow prescribed production methods and procedures, sets-up, adjust, and operate hydraulic presses to blank, form, and pierce parts according to specifications called out in planning documents.
1. Analyzes planner to determine press and dies to be used and special alignment requirements to perform press operations.
2. Sets-up and operates automatic/other feed punch presses which punch, form, blank, pierce, coin, and draw parts by positioning, aligning, and bolting complex dies to press bed and top section.
3. Uses precision measuring instruments such as height gauges, micrometers, and calipers to check dimensions and adjust dies, ram stroke, or stop gauges to correct any variances
4. Records data using SPC machine.
5. Degreases, deburrs, and polishes par
6. Performs minor die repairs including the installation of new springs, grind nests, etc.
1. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and follow verbal instructions.
2. Requires close hand/eye and foot/finger coordination.
3. Must have knowledge of SPC.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Works in a factory environment and is exposed to dirt, heat, grit, sparks, noise, and fumes, dust, and dangerous equipment.
2. Duties and responsibilities performed normally do require special physical requirements including prolonged sitting, standing, repetitive use of hands, grasping, repetitive foot control, and occasional lifting of material up to 100 pounds.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS BETWEEN CLASSIFICATIONS
Punch Press Operator A
a. Works under limited supervision.
b. Performs first article inspection
c. Uses complicated dies such as progressive operation, compounds, and cam acting, suppress and combination dies to perform a wide variety of close tolerance work.
d. Adapts and improvises available dies for special operation by moving punches, moving stops, and improvising nest.
e. May work with die maker or die development.
f. Requires 3 - 6 years of machine shop experience.
Punch Press Operator B
a. Works under general supervision.
b. Submits first article parts for inspection and final approval.
c. Operates punch presses with multi-purpose adjustable die sections to perform operations.
d. Requires 1 - 2 years of machine shop experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
Erika Castro is a recent graduate from Chapman University, where she majored in Sociology and minored in Latinx and Latin American Studies. As a Recruiter at Marquee Staffing, she specializes in manufacturing and production roles within the medical device industry. Her previous recruiting experience involved working for the state of California to fill open seasonal positions.
In her free time, Erika enjoys hiking the nearby hills, traveling to San Francisco and Mexico, and reading the newest book that has caught her interest.