Project Accounting Billing Specialist
914 E Katella Ave Anaheim, CA 92805 US
This position is responsible for all aspects client billing cycle for certain projects and project management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow up with project managers for changes to contracts (Change Orders, etc.), time and expense entries and collection matters as needed.
- In-depth knowledge of billing procedures for percentage of completion projects specifically preliminary notices, lien releases, certificates of insurance, subcontractor agreements and prevailing wage compliance
- Phone coverage as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Happy outlook and positive disposition.
- Competent, confident and self-motivated to succeed.
- Knowledgeable in Bill Quick or other project based accounting software.
- Experience processing prevailing wage and certified payroll is required.
- Must be able to interface with project managers on contract, cost and billing matters.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required, along with reliability, confidentiality and conscientious work habits.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a dynamic environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Experience / Technical Skills:
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Two to four years’ experience with Engineering and/or Architectural Design Service firms or similar industry a plus.
- Certified Payroll and Prevailing Knowledge preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting a plus.
- General ledger experience preferred but not required.
- Contract review and compliance experience required.
Meet Your Recruiter
As a Recruiter for Marquee Staffing, Elizabeth works on placing Accounting & Finance, IT, Engineering, Administrative & Clerical, Manufacturing & Production, and Healthcare roles. Prior to joining our team, Elizabeth graduated from California State University with a degree in Psychology, and was in sales and the insurance industry for over 8 years. Elizabeth assisted companies with benefits packages to offer their employees' health and life insurance, and was also a Medicare Specialist. Elizabeth later moved into a commercial specialist role assisting businesses with their general liability, commercial auto and workman’s compensation policies. Her passion for improving people’s lives led her to Marquee Staffing where she gets to change lives every day!
Outside of work, Elizabeth enjoys spending time with her golden doodle Roofles by going to the dog park, running on the beach, and getting puppaccinos! She is also a Muay Thai & MMA amateur.