26 Technology Drive Irvine, CA 92618 US
The Production Supervisor will lead, monitor, instruct, and oversee daily manufacturing operations, as well as worked closely with Manufacturing Leads to track the flow and completion of production jobs ensuring quality standards are met. The Production Supervisor will partner with several teams to include: Operations, Production Planning, Engineers, and Quality to meet company goals.
- Supervises staff by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising job results, coaching, counseling, disciplining, training, and developing growth opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to Quality System, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures the execution and completion of team member performance reviews.
- Supports planning and material handling team in production planning and material requests as needed.
- Assists Operations Management in production planning, scheduling, and assigning personnel, tracking work results of the Line Leads and Operators; establishing priorities; monitoring progress, revising schedules; resolving problems; and reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Ensures the operation of equipment by arranging calibration, maintenance, and repairs, collaborating with engineers, evaluating new equipment and techniques, and making recommendations to Operations Management.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data, answering questions, and responding to requests.
- Promote and lead continuous improvement programs utilizing operational excellence and lean manufacturing tools in processes. Maintains a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources, maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel issues by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- Contributes to team effort by supervising the operations team to accomplish related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
Production Supervisor Qualifications
- Demonstrates strong team management and participation skills
- Thorough working knowledge of ISO 13485 and cGMP
- Possesses the ability to communicate effectively and follows through on assignments with minimal supervision
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to work overtime, which may include weekends and holidays, on occasion.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Associates degree with 2+ years OR High School Diploma with 5-10 years of experience
- Experience in Medical Device Industry is preferred
- 2-3 years of experience leading manufacturing production teams OR 1 year experience as a Manufacturing Supervisor
Work Environment & Physical Demands of the Job
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time; operate computers and other office equipment; and communicate and exchange information. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and to move within and between the buildings. A computer terminal is used to access, input, and retrieve data. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Note: The job may require travel by air, train, and car travel, sometimes for long distances and extended periods
Meet Your Recruiter
As Branch Manager, Alexis Cabero focuses on identifying talent for a variety of industries including medical devices, administrative support, customer service, engineering, and human resources. Graduating from The University of California, Irvine with a B.A. in Arts and Digital Media, Alexis’ recruiting career began in 2014 while staffing for assisted living facilities, where she matched passionate healthcare professionals to provide personal non-medical care for home care clients. Alexis is passionate about helping others recognize their potential, and does so by using a thorough discovery process with her candidates to better understand what areas they excel in and providing opportunities exclusive to Marquee Staffing.
While out of office, Alexis enjoys spending her free time with family and her six dogs.