5600 Bucknell Dr SW Atlanta, GA 30336 US
Global leader in highly engineered trailer running gear components and systems is seeking a seasoned Product Design Engineer. With over 130 years of trailer and caravan component experience, it's no question as to why our products are preferred by manufacturers of recreational vehicles.
Reporting to the Director of Marine Engineering this position participates in all facets of bringing marine trailer products to market, including originating ideas, developing, procuring, testing, and launching. The position provides engineering support for all aspects of assigned product line to ensure functionality, quality, cost, and schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares engineering documents, including drawings, models and specifications.
- Assists with implementation of product design within schedule and budget parameters.
- Analyzes the risks new designs or processes and communicates results to Engineering Management.
- Provides support to manufacturing to ensure product is fabricated and assembled based on the intended functionality of the design
- Provides guidance and expertise on electrical, electronic, and electromechanical technologies. Analyzes requests for product changes for suitability to meet requirements.
- Interfaces with others in the organization and customers to jointly determine customer needs and solutions.
- Supports the product design process with various engineering analysis techniques including finite element, design of experiments and other analytical techniques.
- Provides technical support to production group and supports the resolution of production difficulties
- Troubleshoots equipment, machinery, and tooling at the manufacturing plant
- Validates parts measurement to print specification and develop corrective action documentation
- Performs other tasks or duties as assigned.
The work is primarily Monday-Friday 8-5, though some projects and work may be required outside of "normal business hours." Occasional travel may also be required.
- Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Be a self-starter with strong computer and communication skills and continuous growth potential.
- Highly proficient in Inventor, Solidworks and/or comparable software.
- Advanced MS Office skills. Experience with design for manufacturing. Must be driven, collaborative, and professional.
- Experience with MRP systems a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Director Executive Placement
Greg is a dedicated and hardworking professional who is your go-to recruiter for all things related to engineering, supply chain, operations, and executive level recruiting. He brings with him over 15 years’ experience in finding talent for small to Fortune 100 organizations with his success founded on building relationships and in providing top-level customer service. Greg is consistently a top performer, and the recipient of numerous company awards.
Greg is an avid Cubs fan; enjoys Marvel movies; Discovery, History, and is a Science Channel fan! Greg is 100% Greek
If you are ever in the mood to break some plates, and yell Opa!, He is your guy!