4141 N. Palm Street Fullerton, CA 92835 US
Requires preparation and set up of all polishing and grinding equipment within the department for the fabrication of a variety of hardware use in the aircraft industry. May assist Polisher B. Essential Functions:
- Set up and operate polishing & grinding lathes and prepares metal surfaces for painting.
- Buff, polish, grind, leas and colors various types of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and their alloys, as well as various grades of plastics and other material to produce finish requirement specified on manufacturing work orders and/or blueprints.
- Select proper contact wheel abrasive belt, buff, lea or color grinding wheels, etc. to produce required finish.
- Select proper compound (grease, lea, rouge, etc.) for use in conjunction with abrasive belt or wheel required to either promote longer life of tool (abrasive belt or wheel) or to assist in achieving specified finish.
- Adjust machine to maintain proper R.P.M. for operation being performed.
- From time to time must degrease own work either prior to or after finishing.
- Exercises good housekeeping and safety principles in the completion of work duties.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 lbs.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is moderate to high. The individual will be working in the factory floor which is in the same building as the office and may be exposed to machine noise, fumes, and dust.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Your Recruiter
As a Recruiter, Kyle works on placing candidates in positions in Assembly and Warehouse fields. Prior to joining the Marquee Staffing team, Kyle worked as a barista and waiter for 6 years. He recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the California State University, Long Beach. Kyle strives in his work to place individuals in positions that would be the best fit for both the client and candidate. Outside of work, Kyle enjoys spending time with his family and friends.