900 South Richfield Road Placentia, CA 92870 US
Organizes, plans, controls, and supervises employees engaged in the machining of precision aerospace components. Ensures that production is completed on schedule and in accordance with specification and quality standards. Works with production control, manufacturing engineering, CNC programmers and product engineering to resolve production problems and improve techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES – other duties may be assigned
- Plans and supervises employees engaged in the machining of components according to planning and engineering drawings.
- Establishes and monitors production schedules, resolves production problems and coordinates and expedites the completion of special orders.
- Monitors the inventory and ordering of production materials, tools, and supplies and ensures that production machines and other equipment are maintained to provide for a smooth production flow and optimization of costs.
- Participates in the development of new and more effective machining processes.
- Assists CNC programming in the review of engineering drawings to develop detailed machining processes.
- Coordinates with quality assurance to maintain standards of quality within the organization and conducts on-site inspection of work completed or in process to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Coordinates the training of assigned employees in new techniques and to improve flexibility and enhance the capabilities of the organization.
- Recommends equipment for use within the organization including the types of tooling necessary for the various machining processes employed.
- To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicant should be eligible for any required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university; or equivalent experience in a technical field; and
- 2 - 5 years of directly related experience.
- Manufacturing Engineering experience a plus. Preferred experience in high mix/low volume aerospace environment; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Problem solving, critical thinking and creativity skills are essential.
- Must be highly motivated and be a committed team player.
- Ability to lead/direct the activities of less senior manufacturing engineers.
- Excellent PC skills including Excel and other MS Office applications and working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Must have good oral, written communications and have a high level of moral and ethical codes.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Director Executive Placement
Greg is a dedicated and hardworking professional who is your go-to recruiter for all things related to engineering, supply chain, operations, and executive level recruiting. He brings with him over 15 years’ experience in finding talent for small to Fortune 100 organizations with his success founded on building relationships and in providing top-level customer service. Greg is consistently a top performer, and the recipient of numerous company awards.
Greg is an avid Cubs fan; enjoys Marvel movies; Discovery, History, and is a Science Channel fan! Greg is 100% Greek
If you are ever in the mood to break some plates, and yell Opa!, He is your guy!