361 Hospital Rd. , Suite 521 Newport Beach, CA 92663 US
Medical Biller/Collector - Newport Beach, CA
Medical Billing office is seeking an experienced Medical Biller/Collector to process and follow up on Physician claims from one or more payer type (HMO, PPO, Medi-Cal, Medicare, etc.), in order to ensure timely payment is received for services rendered.
- Review and analyze medical documentation and patient records to ensure accurate and timely billing entry; assign or reassign appropriate medical codes (ICD-10, CPT, HCPC) for diagnoses, procedures, and services rendered.
- Follow up with payers (HMO, PPO, Medicare, Medi-Cal, TriCare, Work Comp) on unpaid or denied claims and resubmit as necessary
- Process payments from insurance companies and patients
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient billing records
- Answer patient inquiries regarding billing and insurance coverage
- Work A/R aging reports, and collaborate with insurance companies to identify and correct coding/billing errors
- Write and submit appeals to insurance companies, as needed
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in medical revenue cycle management, including collections experience
- MUST have experience using NextGen EHR
- Proficiency in medical terminology, knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes, and medical collection procedures and practices
- Familiarity with the full collections cycle, including re-bills, code corrections, aging reports, and appeals.
- Expertise with HMO, Medi-Cal or Medicare a plus!
- Please note that this is not an entry-level position. Prior experience in medical billing/collections is required.
- Schedule: Mon-Fri; hours are flexible, either 7-3:30, 7:30-4, or 8-4:30
- Pay: Starting pay range for this position is $24 - $26 per hour
- Excellent Benefits: - Health insurance coverage - Retirement plan options w/match – generous Paid Time Off and Paid holidays
Meet Your Recruiter
Healthcare Division Manager
JoAnn brings over 15 years of experience in recruitment and business development for healthcare and technology/IT organizations. Graduating from University of California, Santa Cruz with Bachelors degrees in Economics and Sociology, JoAnn’s career began in 2006 in staffing, where she quickly pivoted to healthcare in 2007, and has had a passion for it ever since. Her focus on partnering with clients as their Trusted Advisor to identify, attract, and hire exceptional talent has led to a successful career in both staffing agency and corporate recruiting environments. JoAnn joined Marquee as Healthcare Division Manager, and is responsible for bringing on new clients, identifying top healthcare talent, and leading the team. She is passionate about helping early career professionals recognize their potential & reach their professional goals.
JoAnn keeps busy outside of work volunteering with a Therapeutic Riding nonprofit organization that provides Equine Assisted Activities and Therapies to individuals with disabilities. Her other passion is traveling the world, and has been to 6 of the 7 continents & hopes to get to Antarctica some day!