14330 Telegraph Rd. Whittier, CA 90604 US
A Southern California shelter organization is hiring for Medical Assistant
Pay: $21.50 - 24.00/hour based on experience
- Perform initial intakes to ensure proper patients' discharge from hospital with all appropriate needs for the continuation of care and documenting all findings.
- Assess medical and mental health status of patients' upon arrival by conducting health assessment, checking vitals, determining insurance status, making follow up appointments with doctors and picking up/filling prescriptions as needed.
- Conduct morning, afternoon, and evening checks for all assigned clients to observe wellbeing, ensuring there is no change in medical conditions since hospital discharge.
- Prepare and help patients with (insurance, PCP, specialists, referrals)
- Coordinate home health visits (if needed) and follow-up MD appointments.
- Arrange and assist transportation for patients to and from medical appointments if needed
- Complete and update Medication, Vitals, and/or Diabetic logs
- Perform administrative tasks such as answering phones and filing paperwork
- Maintain proper inventory of medical supplies and medications.
- Associate’s degree in a medical field
- 2+ years of working in the healthcare field
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Superior customer service skills
- High level of professionalism
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Certification (CMA, RMA, CCMA)
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Marquee Healthcare Division
Hieu’s passion is promoting, consulting, and guiding people to achieve their dream careers. As a Healthcare Recruiter at Marquee Staffing, Hieu is pursuing her lifelong goal to work within the HealthCare Industry.
For the past six years, Hieu has been in the healthcare industry working as a patient coordinator, Medical lab support associate and technical sales. Achieving experience on a one-on-one basis with clinical and non-clinical staff in addition to volunteer and internship work with hospice centers, clinical projects and coordinating clinical trial patients.
Hieu considers herself hardworking, persistent, determined, intelligent, ambitious, and confident. She is eager to learn new things and takes nothing for granted. She appreciates the small things in life because small things make a big difference.
She enjoys outdoor activities and traveling with her loved ones outside of work. In her free time, Hieu enjoys reading personal development and self-help books and researching and studying the power of the human brain.