3024 Franklin Ave.. Riverside, CA 92705 US
The Medical Coordinator is responsible for delivering high quality medical care and influencing positive outcomes for patients experiencing homelessness in the recuperative care setting. The pay range for this position is $30-34 per hour, depending on experience.
- Perform initial intake to ensure that an appropriate care plan is established
- Assess health status of patient upon arrival by conducting head to toe assessment and checking vitals
- Determine the patient’s insurance status, make follow up appointments with patient’s providers and review medication list
- Establish and maintain a care plan
- Set weekly goals for patient to complete to assist with medical or social reintegration, verify goal completion, and assess medical needs.
- Coordinate home health visits (if needed) and follow-up on medical appointments, arrange transportation for clients to and from medical appointments, as needed
- Promote health literacy by providing patient education with regards to clients’ illnesses, medications, preventative measures, treatment management and overall general health.
- Support patient recuperation by providing necessary items and space needed to rehabilitate
- Enter patient information and case notes into EHR and other documentation systems.
- Complete and update medication, vitals, progress notes and care plan
- Perform administrative tasks such as answering phones and filing paperwork.
- Prepare patient reports for billing.
- Maintain proper inventory of medical supplies and medications.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines, organization policies and standards.
- Conduct medication reconciliation and ensure proper disposal and pickup of bio-medical/pharmaceutical waste.
- Current and non-restricted LVN license in California
- 2 years of relevant experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills, including the ability to send and receive emails and summarize data in spreadsheets.
- Valid CA Driver’s License.
- Home Health nursing experience and experience working with populations dealing with addiction and behavioral health conditions.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Mail, Docs, Sheets, Calendar) and KIPU or other electronic health record systems.
- Medical Insurance funded up to 91% depending on the plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D and LTD Insurance funded 100%
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- 401K with Company Matching
- 15 days vacation PTO/year
- 6 days sick PTO/year
- 10 days holiday PTO/year
- Potential eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSFL) for federally qualified loans
Meet Your Recruiter
Mackenzie Starkey, BSN, RN
Recruiter, Marquee Healthcare Division
Mackenzie Starkey brings her expertise as a Registered Nurse to Marquee Staffing, where she serves as a Healthcare Recruiter. With a Bachelor of Health Science and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Missouri-Columbia, Mackenzie's academic background solidifies her understanding of the healthcare industry. For over five years, she dedicated herself to pediatric nursing, working in both inpatient and outpatient settings. In 2023, Mackenzie relocated from Chicago to California, embarking on a new chapter in her career as a recruiter.
Driven by her genuine desire to assist healthcare professionals in finding their ideal career paths, Mackenzie made the transition into recruiting. Her commitment to matching healthcare professionals with the perfect opportunities is fueled by her passion for facilitating their professional growth and success.
Beyond her professional endeavors, Mackenzie finds joy in spending quality time with her loved ones, hiking, and being at the beach.