915 Armorlite Drive San Marcos, CA 92069 US
Machine Shop in San Marcos, CA is seeking experienced Machine Operators who are looking for an exciting opportunity with a lot of potential for growth in the field! We are an international supplier of some of the world's renown aerospace and automation products. We provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation!
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must be able to read and comprehend specific Shop Order requirements. Basic math skills are required to determine inside diameter, wall thickness and length of product to meet customer requirements. Must be mechanically inclined in order to understand how an irradiation machine operates and flexible in order to react to manufacturing variables which might arise. A background in electrical systems is a big plus. This operator may be required to bend, twist and lift 50 pounds while performing duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a wide range of operations connected with the irradiation of tubing products by operating the machine properly according to the “Shop Order(s)”.
- Follows procedures from work instructions, work orders and schedules to set up and operate irradiation equipment from the control panel.
- Adheres to specifications, makes required settings to voltage, speed wraps, and handling equipment per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Obtains and maintains dosage requirements per material size and type.
- Keeps control of continuous permanent records of dosage to insure tubing is receiving proper irradiation.
- Remain alert to stop operations in the event of equipment or material failure.
- Check both visually and mechanically the threading on machine.
- Advises manufacturing and directs work to proper QA department if received for irradiation in a marginal or faulty condition.
- Advise immediate supervisor or lead persons of any unusual conditions or defective materials.
- “Advises all internal customers and suppliers of any discrepancies” (PQ TAG).
- Maintains a log on equipment, performance, hours and other similar information as required.
- Observes safety regulations and is alert to warn others of any irradiation changes.
- At all times insures effective use of safeguards while irradiation machine is operating.
- Maintains equipment and keeps work area in a clean and safe condition
1st shift: 7am-3pm Monday-Friday + Occasional OT
2nd shift: 3pm-11pm Monday-Friday + Occasional OT
3rd shift: 11pm-7am Monday-Friday + Occasional OT
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Branch Manager
Brad’s professional career began after graduating from the California State University, San Marcos with a B.A. in Communication and moving to Spain to teach English. After two years, he returned to the U.S. and joined Marquee Staffing in 2018. He began his career as a Recruiter and was quickly allured by the fast-paced and competitive nature of the industry. He has since taken on multiple roles within Marquee Staffing, most recently as Regional Branch Manager, but stays true to his roots in recruiting.
Outside of work, Brad enjoys exploring new hiking trails, an afternoon run, traveling to new destinations, hanging with friends, and going anywhere with live music.