IT Support Specialist I
52 Discovery Irvine, CA 92618 US
Temp to Hire
Onsite in Irvine, CA
This position will perform IT troubleshooting, desktop, and remote support for end-users in a world-wide IT environment
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide IT support to internal employees to fulfil requests and troubleshoot issues with desktop computers, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and peripheral devices.
- Assist onsite and remote employees with their computer and software issues with Windows, Macs, iOS, and Android
- Provide recommendations for improving Helpdesk processes
- Escalate any major or unresolved IT issues to IT management
- Assist with implementation of policies and processes for company compliance with federal regulations
- Understands all security policies associated within the network infrastructure:
- Software installation and basic network troubleshooting
- Imaging computers and desktop/laptop setup
- Document resolution and follow up with trouble tickets
- Help purchase and manage hardware and software inventory
- Assist other IT team members with project tasks and testing
- Maintain computer equipment connected to the network
- Provide end-user and remote support; Assist and educate network users; Prepares technical and user documentation and training materials
- Included in on-call rotation
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional and confidential customer support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Patient and enthusiastic attitude. Ability to adapt to fast paced environment.
- In depth working knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office, and other standard PC applications
- Ability to properly define requests and issues, research solutions, propose ideas, and execute ideas to satisfaction.
- Strong attention to detail. Excellent documentation skills.
- In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong knowledge of end-user computer hardware and software configurations
- Knowledge of networking protocols and services including, but not limited to, ethernet, Wi-Fi, mobile networks.
- Technical aptitude to learn, follow, and create instructions
- Microsoft Certifications preferred
- Hardware Certifications preferred
- Broad knowledge of Windows client/server network environment
- Ability to troubleshoot basic issues, such as printers, fax machines, MS Office suite, etc.
- Ability to determine issues via question triage.
- Answer phone calls and reply to trouble tickets.
- Strong follow up skills.
- Ability to research solutions and work independently on tasks
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
A native to Orange County, Nina’s staffing career began in 2006 placing quality engineering candidates with distinguished companies as a successful recruiter and client manager. Nina specializes in recruiting for mechanical and electrical engineers in all industries from aerospace, medical device and manufacturing. She understands the engineering programs and importance of matching specific technical skills for position success. Her strong connections within the industry have been vital in her success. Nina’s excitement in placing engineers is due to the direct impact the products have on people’s lives: Everything we touch has been engineered in one form or another. She currently works as an on-site manager at a prominent medical device company.
Outside of work, Nina has been a dedicated volunteer to local nonprofit organizations for the past 15 years. She also enjoys being outdoors, hiking and spending time with her three children.