Human Resources Director
4041 MacArthur Blvd , Suite 510 Newport Beach, CA 92660 US
Reporting to the Executive Vice President & COO, the Human Resources Director is responsible for managing employee relations, recruitment, workforce planning, compensation, safety, culture, and benefits administaration. Additionally, this position requires a specific focus on further developing a sustainable high-performing culture amongst Organization’s leadership team and staff.
- Manages the entire life cycle of the employment experience, recruitment/hiring, onboarding, orientation, performance evaluation, disciplinary actions, wage & salary structure, pay increases, and exit interviews.
- Identifies and diagnoses talent and organizational issues, partnering with Organization’s leadership team to implement necessary business and talent solutions.
- Coaches managers regarding people management, performance, and development.
- Conducts investigations, provides guidance on performance conduct matters, facilitates the resolution of disputes, interprets company policy, etc.
- Develops People & Culture strategies and administers HR policies and procedures.
- Leads all confidential contact tracing activities related to pandemic incidents such as COVID-19.
- Develops, implements, and maintains employee recognition programs.
- Leads Business Continuity Planning efforts to ensure safety of employees during an emergency.
- Provides employee orientation, development, and training (including harassment prevention), as well as new hire orientation for employees.
- Develops, implements, and provides training to managers on performance management, new hire process and onboarding, HR overview (policies, processes, and procedures), performance management, and best practices (how to write and give) for conducting performance reviews.
- Assures and proactively maintains compliance with federal and state labor and employment laws.
- Supervises the Operations Manager, providing oversight and direction.
- Partners with employees (all levels) to drive adoption of overall People & Culture programs through education, support, and employee influence.
- Consults with managers regarding retention, development, and engagement strategies utilizing the established Employee Performance Plan.
- Strategically develops relationships with employees to ensure your expertise is sought for advice and counsel on HR as well as cultural and organizational issues.
- Facilitates integration of diverse workgroups and cultures as needed.
- Creates and manages cultural initiatives which align with Company’s established values.
- Encourages teamwork as well as positive culture within the organization.
- Actively contributes to an organizational culture of accountability, openness, collaboration, and growth.
- Partners with CFO and benefits vendor to oversee annual benefit open enrollment and processing.
- Oversees benefit administration, under the direction of the CFO, including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, COBRA, leaves of absence (FMLA, CFRA, Pregnancy Disability, etc.), and Workers Comp; ensure prompt and accurate information is communicated to employees.
- Supports 403b administration.
- Partners with CFO and COO to plan bi-annual CEO Compensation Study.
- Champions the Compensation Study and Staff Compensation Study (completed every three years).
- Assists with completing requests from EDD, workers comp audits, etc.
HRIS & Technical HR Management (Automation):
- Partners with the Finance Director and Director of Information & Technology to develop, implement and maintain a Human Resources Information System; ensuring all workflows, expense/payroll records and personnel information are managed electronically and within compliance standards.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- PHR or SPHR certification desired.
- 5+ years of proven HR experience.
- Thorough knowledge of current federal and state employment laws and regulations including, but not limited to, Wage and Hour laws, ADA, FMLA, CFRA, OSHA, workers’ compensation, I-9 requirements, COBRA, etc.
- Strong understanding of the recruiting process, benefits administration, employee relations and other HR functions.
- Proven ability to work independently and provide broad based service contributing at all levels from conceptual and systemic through completion of basic administrative tasks.
- Well-developed investigative, problem solving, and analytic abilities are essential as well as demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
WORK LOCATION: (Position not available for remote work)
Irvine, Ca near John Wayne Airport and UC Irvine
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The ability to work for an organization with a phenomenal mission, positive team-oriented work environment, a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) well as incredible benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision, 403(b) retirement plan with automatic contribution by the organization, 3 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks of PSL, 10 annual paid holidays and the opportunity for a 9/80 work schedule.
Meet Your Recruiter
As Branch Manager, Alexis Cabero focuses on identifying talent for a variety of industries including medical devices, administrative support, customer service, engineering, and human resources. Graduating from The University of California, Irvine with a B.A. in Arts and Digital Media, Alexis’ recruiting career began in 2014 while staffing for assisted living facilities, where she matched passionate healthcare professionals to provide personal non-medical care for home care clients. Alexis is passionate about helping others recognize their potential, and does so by using a thorough discovery process with her candidates to better understand what areas they excel in and providing opportunities exclusive to Marquee Staffing.
While out of office, Alexis enjoys spending her free time with family and her five dogs.