Facilities Technician II
10165 McKellar Court San Diego, CA 92121 US
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to conduct maintenance, operation, and repair of facility and production facility equipment. This position performs routine maintenance as well as emergency repair of equipment and components. This position requires taking ownership of assignments directed at improving total operating efficiency, minimizing equipment downtime and improving internal administrative processes. This position also requires documentation support to ensure that documents such as validations, standard operating procedures and preventive maintenance tasks are correct and up to date for the assigned equipment and processes. This position will coordinate and oversee outside maintenance contractor
- Performing routine preventative maintenance on facilities Air Conditioning equipment, central plant equipment, ultra-low freezes and lyophilizers.
- Conduct Facilities Work Requests for internal customers.
- Investigation, corrections and documentation of internal alarms from the “Process Alarm Monitoring System”.
- Ordering and maintaining spare parts inventory and repair parts associated with facilities work requests.
- Daily tours and verification of operation making necessary adjustments of all facilities equipment located on rooftop, in the central plant, and throughout the facility.
- Documentation, meetings, organization, clean up.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies
- Must be able to walk, climb ladders, stoop, kneel, and crawl under furniture and around equipment, for periods of up to 15 minutes.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must have adequate vision correctable by regular corrective lenses
- Required for color coded electrical wiring.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. from the ground to 4 feet once per day.
- Moderate Lifting (up to 50 lbs.), pushing, pulling, moving, (furniture, equipment, machinery).
- Heavy lifting of equipment exceeding 50 lbs. with assistance from others and equipment.
- Extreme physical activities as associated with large equipment/furniture relocation.
- Position requires use of Personal Protective Equipment as posted.
- Walking and conducting physical activities associated with completing work requests.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with power tools and their associated safety procedures required
- Experience conducting routine building/grounds maintenance required
- Experience working with and troubleshooting equipment electrical systems required
- Experience with machine shop equipment, power tools and their associated safety procedures required
- Experience conducting routine maintenance and repairs on building automation equipment (EMS) required
- Experience working in a high paced manufacturing environment required
- Experience working in combination with Engineering Departments on projects preferred Knowledge/Skills
- Must be available to work any shift and be “on call” via pager and/or cell phone required
- HVAC equipment knowledge preferred
- Refrigeration systems knowledge preferred
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently and to work within a self-directed work team environment required
- Basic computer skills including, file management, MS Word, Excel, Access and preventative maintenance software preferred
- Knowledge of QSR/ISO practices preferred
- Excellent understanding and application of safety procedures required
- Excellent use of communication, cooperation and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent documentation skills preferred
- Basic electro-mechanical skills required
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Branch Manager
Brad’s professional career began after graduating from the California State University, San Marcos with a B.A. in Communication and moving to Spain to teach English. After two years, he returned to the U.S. and joined Marquee Staffing in 2018. He began his career as a Recruiter and was quickly allured by the fast-paced and competitive nature of the industry. He has since taken on multiple roles within Marquee Staffing, most recently as Regional Branch Manager, but stays true to his roots in recruiting.
Outside of work, Brad enjoys exploring new hiking trails, an afternoon run, traveling to new destinations, hanging with friends, and going anywhere with live music.