Facilities Project Engineer
300 East Cypress Street Brea, CA 92821 US
Facilities Project Engineer
The Facilities Project Engineer plans, manages and executes capital project on time and on budget; including the following aspects: identifies, specifies, justifies, procures, installs, commissions and qualifies process and/or facilities equipment. They may also modify, upgrade or replace existing process and/or facilities equipment to improve plant safety, quality and efficiency.
- Collaborate with operations, manufacturing engineering, quality and facilities to research and understand the manufacturing process and its operational bottlenecks, safety hazards, quality challenges and regulatory requirements.
- Target equipment or systems for modification, upgrade, replacement or procure additional equipment to address the aforementioned issues and challenges.
- Develop business cases and calculate return on investment for the projects to be executed.
- Gather accurate bids from architects, OEMs, contractors and other service suppliers to ensure that projects are quoted, scoped and submitted for approval with accurate budgets.
- Develop accurate and robust timelines and milestones to ensure delivery of projects on time.
- Execute projects on time and on budget.
- Properly document changes utilizing a robust management of change process.
- Ensure that new or modified equipment is properly permitted and documented.
- Ensure Compliance with EH&S, Trade Compliance, Ethics and Business Conduct, Operations Policy and all established operating procedures.
- Escalate issues to Department and Senior Management as required in an effective and timely manner.
- Support Manufacturing Management or Manufacturing Engineering with special assignments as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering/technology related field
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints and specifications.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret manufacturing process data.
- 3 Years Project Management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 Years overseeing construction trades.
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Project).
- CAD proficiency a plus.
- Understanding of Elastomer tooling, material preparation and molding processes a plus.
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision and multitask to manage routine tasks in addition to special projects.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in a Engineering/ technical field from four-year college or university
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience in an aerospace or automated technology manufacturing environment
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Director Executive Placement
Greg is a dedicated and hardworking professional who is your go-to recruiter for all things related to engineering, supply chain, operations, and executive level recruiting. He brings with him over 15 years’ experience in finding talent for small to Fortune 100 organizations with his success founded on building relationships and in providing top-level customer service. Greg is consistently a top performer, and the recipient of numerous company awards.
Greg is an avid Cubs fan; enjoys Marvel movies; Discovery, History, and is a Science Channel fan! Greg is 100% Greek
If you are ever in the mood to break some plates, and yell Opa!, He is your guy!