9600 Jeronimo Irvine, CA 92618 US
Irvine based Medical Device company has 2 openings for Export Administrator.
Temp to Hire
Pays up to $22ph BOE
The Export Administrator is responsible to export documentation and procedures relating to shipping.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare export shipping documents using ERP software (Expandable)
- Ship, label and track export orders with parcel carriers (FedEx, DHL, UPS) using their proprietary software & tools
- Maintain complete and accurate export documentation; e.g., AWB’s, CI’s, COO’s and other documents pertaining to international outbound shippingg )
- Coordinate carrier and forwarder pick-ups, provides freight quotes and researches and recommends economical alternatives in methods and modes of transport
- Interfaces with customer service and both internal and external customers as it relates to outbound international shipping, resolves problems and recommends corrective action when needed;
- Maintains strict adherence to U.S. and foreign government laws and regulations regarding exports
- Provides feedback to management on export related issues and makes recommendations for process improvements;
- Performs other duties or special projects as requested;
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
· Two or more years of related experience; in global logistics and transportation modes (parcel, Air, Ocean)
· Progressive understanding of export regulations, compliance, and documentation (e.g., SLI, AES filing, CI, COO, HAWB)
· Basic understanding of US Customs policies and security initiatives; C-TPAT, CSI
· Experience with shipping systems and automated tools
- Ability to follow oral and written communication
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
High School Diploma or GED is required. Associates Degree is preferred.
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel is necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required.
Meet Your Recruiter
A native to Orange County, Nina’s staffing career began in 2006 placing quality engineering candidates with distinguished companies as a successful recruiter and client manager. Nina specializes in recruiting for mechanical and electrical engineers in all industries from aerospace, medical device and manufacturing. She understands the engineering programs and importance of matching specific technical skills for position success. Her strong connections within the industry have been vital in her success. Nina’s excitement in placing engineers is due to the direct impact the products have on people’s lives: Everything we touch has been engineered in one form or another. She currently works as an on-site manager at a prominent medical device company.
Outside of work, Nina has been a dedicated volunteer to local nonprofit organizations for the past 15 years. She also enjoys being outdoors, hiking and spending time with her three children.