1755 La Costa Meadows Drive San Marcos, CA 92078 US
Electrical/Electronics Engineer - New Product Development ( mid-level)
Pay Range: $75,000.00 to $120,000.00 annually.
4/10 workdays, enjoy (3) day weekends! North County SD
Currently, we are seeking an Electrical/Electronic Engineer for our Engineering Department. New Product Development.
Under the general direction of the Engineering Manager, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for designing and developing successful instrumentation products. May require working with hardware and embedded software. Responsible for final engineering drawings, operational and/or functional performance tests for the manufacture of complex process control instrumentation.
Essential Job Functions (primary duties and outputs of position):
- Develop and design innovative electronic circuits; both analog and digital.
- Develop and design new innovative software solutions for new products.
- Design digital circuits, including microprocessor-based circuits.
- Design amplifiers, filters, switching and linear regulators, embedded computer circuits with A/D and D/A circuits.
- Apply circuit board layout and design principles.
- Familiarity with specification and defining software requirements for sensor-based instruments.
- Use of schematic capture programs DX Designer, and circuit analysis programs SPICE.
- Develop programs in C, and assembly language for embedded application.
- Operating oscilloscope, digital multimeters, system analyzers and in-circuit emulators.
- Developing support documentation for assembly, customer support, manufacturing test procedures and technical application notes.
- Participate in the definition, qualification, and design of some or all of the industrial digital communication protocols software like HART, MODBUS, PROFIBUS, and Foundation Fieldbus.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities related to product, process, and quality system.
- All employees have the responsibility and authority to identify quality deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or related to our quality system and processe
- BSEE 2+ years of progressive work experience in designing analog, digital circuits and some embedded software.
- Strong Knowledge of circuit and software design tools for the development of embedded application.
- Able to design products that can be manufactured with multiple-configuration options.
- Experience with the design of serial communication interfaces such as USB and RS485.
- Solid experience in preparing manufacturing work instructions, and excellent documentation skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail with focus on quality, cost efficiency and durability of products.
- Strong passion for working with technology and must have the excitement for creating high quality complex process control instruments.
- Experience with the use of schematics and drawings, perform modifications and complete rework to new and used subassemblies and circuit analysis programs.
- Able to use oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, system analyzers and in-circuit emulators.
- Experienced with MS Suite applications at intermediate or higher ability.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Executive VP, Marquee Workforce Solutions
Chris joins Marquee with over 20 years of experience in the industry, specializing in engineering and technical staffing within Aerospace, Medical Device, Robotics /Automation and Industrial Instrumentation industries. Chris’s strong understanding of the product development process and correlating manufacturing requirements of his clients has supported the growth of many Southern California technology leaders.
Prior to joining Marquee, Chris was the Founder and President of Pacific Technical Search, Inc., an engineering and technical staffing firm servicing Southern California for 19 years. His commitment to building long term partnerships with his clients and having an understanding of each of their unique staffing needs has led to outstanding results. Originally from the East Coast, Chris earned his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Vermont where he played Division 1 basketball. In his free time, Chris enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, surfing and making custom longboard skateboards.