5964 La Place Ct. Carlsbad, CA 92008 US
You have a proven ability to analyze complex problems using data and to provide insight to decision-makers. Key responsibilities include accessing data from various sources, building data visualizations and dashboards, interpreting data using statistics, and creating reports that drive critical product improvements and business decisions.
You will work closely with cross-functional groups to identify process and system performance parameters, design and create methods to extract data, and independently produce reports using appropriate methods. You will develop, maintain and improve processes, tools and reports as needed. This role interfaces and collaborates with scientific and engineering teams for assay development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Impacts business objectives by conducting data analysis and providing recommendations that impact the direction of strategic and tactical plans
- Works with large and complex structured data sets.
- Identifies the bottlenecks of data processing and analysis, proposes and implements solutions such as automating data pipelines and analyses and optimizing database queries
- Applies cutting edge data science concepts from machine learning and deep learning techniques for both image and signal analysis to gain valuable insights and solve challenging problems as they relate to assay development
- Uses tools to aggregate, transform and process data from multiple sources to be used for analysis
- Develops understanding of data structures and metrics as they relate to assay development.
- Creates analyses that integrate information from diverse product elements such as molecular and device design, instrument software, manufacturing processes and materials.
- Creates visual representations of data to communicate complex ideas and relationships.
- Communicates results clearly and effectively with reports and presentations through visual displays of quantitative information and articulate interpretations and conclusions.
- Proactively develops solutions to problems.
- B.S./M.S. degree; computer science, computational biology, bioengineering, applied mathematics, data science or similar education background. Knowledge or experience in molecular biology and medical diagnostics, preferred.
- Data analytics experience in biotechnology, healthcare, engineering or related field.
- Experience working in a fast-paced research and development environment.
- Hands-on programming experience with Python—including creating functions, classes, and transporting code from exploratory drafts into packages or scripts.
- Hands-on programming experience with SQL for acquiring and transforming data (Snowflake, AWS or Google Cloud experience is a plus).
- Experience in data extraction, mining, cleaning, verifying and summarizing.
- Experience in querying and manipulating large data sets using data querying languages (SQL), scripting languages and tools (e.g. Python, App Script, JMP), and utilizing statistical/mathematical software (e.g. Python, R, JMP)
- Demonstrated understanding of statistics and probability fundamentals.
- Experience with data visualization technologies such as Spotfire, Tableau, Looker.
- Good software craftsmanship practices, strong documentation skills, and code version control. Nice to Have:
- Experience with signal processing ML concepts including regression, KNN, MSE, gradient descent, autocorrelation and convolution.
- Experience with open source tools for data analysis, deep learning and machine learning technology such as pandas, scipy, scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow.
- Experience with image processing libraries such as OpenCV, Pillow, VIPS
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiter & Payroll Specialist
Jenni comes to Marquee Staffing with an extensive background in accounting and business administration. Her primary focus as a talent coordinator is to ensure the inner workings of the office run smoothly and efficiently. Jenni takes pride in providing top-notch assistance to our clientele and is adept at multitasking. For instance, when it comes to the demands of processing payroll and accounts receivable as well as miscellaneous duties pertaining human resources, she handles it all with finesse.
In Jenni’s spare time, she enjoys cheering on her son at his football games. You can also find Jenni headed to a cross fit or a boot camp class, shopping or spending time with family and friends.