107 Audubon Rd. #205 , Suite 205 Wakefield, MA 01880 US
Our industrial tire manufacturer is hiring for a full-time Controller in Wakefield, Massachusetts! You would manage and direct the Accounting & Finance teams in carrying out the accounting, financial, reporting, and control responsibilities and finance operations of our global company! This will be a hybrid role with two days remote and three days in the office.
Working Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm (2 Days Remote)
- Direct and supervise all aspects of pre-closure activities and reconciliations related to inventory and manufacturing.
- Review Month-End closing activities including review and approval of the accounting team’s journal entries for Taxes, Inventory, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Distribution costs, Accrued Expenses, and Prepaid Expenses.
- Provide support for your accounting team when needed in the analysis of Inventory Costing, FIFO, Standard Cost Change, and Obsolescence.
- Utilize SAP Business Planning & Consolidation Software for:
- Consolidate reports when needed for inventory and IFRS16.
- TWSA & TWSC Tasks:
- Sales by Country
- Corporate Responsibility Reporting
- TP/IRL Reporting process & draft review
- Reconcile and prepare journal entries for Sales and Cost of Goods Sold.
- Analyze marginality by segment, channel, customer, product group.
- Technical accounting, analysis and reporting for Leases: IFRS16 and Transfer Pricing
- Perform regular Personnel and Operations Cost Forecast
- Be liaison for External Auditors regarding document, and data & analysis requests.
- Respond to Tax Department internal requests.
- Coordinate with Tax Advisor for Income, Franchise, Excise, Sales and Use Tax preparation, filing, audit. Have a good understanding of company tax matters.
- Review of legal documentation pertaining to: Building lease agreements, 3PL agreements, customer agreements, and NDAs.
- Responsible for approval of new suppliers or changes. Approval of purchase invoices and approval of payment proposals.
Manage Accounting Team Members (9 Members Total, General job descriptions below):
- Inventory – Cost Accounting (1 employee)
- Supervise and report all accounting entries related to costing, revaluation, reconciliation and reporting of inventory and fixed assets.
- Computation of FIFO, Standard Cost Changes and Obsolescence & Slow-Moving Provision.
- Sales and Use Taxes Specialist (1 employee):
- Manage company taxes in accordance to USA and Provincial taxes in Canada
- Sales tax reconciliations, returns, filing, governmental audits.
- Accounts Payable Clerks (4 employees):
- Accounts payables for PO expenses and correspondent three-way matching.
- Non-inventory related purchases.
- Full-Cycle Accountants (3 employees):
- Personal property tax filings for offices/warehouses/plants sites.
- Treasury function and banks account reconciliations for USA and CA.
- Bi-weekly payroll postings for the two plants and the commercial organization.
- Employees Variable Salary and PTO accruals for the two plants and the commercial organization.
- Standard journal entries for Accrued expenses and Prepaid costs.
- Intercompany reconciliation and matching and BPC input.
- Backup to processing intercompany invoicing.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Logistics costs. Inbound and Outbound Freight costs accounting and reporting.
- Month-End close in M3 and reporting in BPC for USA and CA.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college
- 10+ years of accounting/controller experience
- CPA License Preferred, but not required
- Experience in the manufacturing field
- Experience using ERP systems, Consolidated reporting tools, and BI tools (optional)
- Proven management experience with leading a team of accountants.
Meet Your Recruiter
Business Development Specialist
As a Business Development Specialist for Marquee Staffing, Anthony works on placing candidates in roles in Healthcare, IT, Accounting/Finance, and Digital Marketing. Prior to employment at Marquee Staffing, Anthony worked for 6 years within the healthcare industry. He strives to build genuine partnerships with clients to provide personal first-class service through Marquee Staffing. Anthony works to find the perfect match between job seekers and employers. Outside of work, Anthony enjoys spending time with his wife and family and his hobbies include tennis, snowboarding, martial arts, and the gym.