52 Discovery Irvine, CA 92618 US
Temp to Hire opportunity!
As a Catering Coordinator, you are responsible for assisting the Café Manager in setting up catering events, deliveries to other buildings, store trips, ordering inventory, and receiving inventory. We strive to deliver first class service, provide quality food and beverage, and maintain a clean and organized environment. Essential Functions
- Serve food and beverages to guests in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Work with Café Manager and Executive Chef to ensure knowledge of daily caterings
- Execute the setup of all catering events, upon specific event details
- Work with peer Catering Coordinator to ensure successful event execution and clean up
- Liaison to the kitchen staff and customers regarding food replenishment and requests
- Fulfill and deliver sporadic guest orders as directed by Café Manager
- Deliver to other buildings and locations as directed by Café Manager
- Shop and pick up supplies at retail stores as directed by Café Manager
- Inventory and ordering of all front of house products inclusive of clothing good products
- Educate yourself about all food and beverage items and ingredients.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events
- Anticipates customer needs
- Assists with new associate training by positively reinforcing standards and performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed
- Immediate response to customer needs
- Maintains a clean and organized environment in café and storage
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Other duties as directed
- Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Stress Management / Composure
- Time Management
- At least 2 years Banquet experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Class C Drivers License and valid auto insurance
- Walk and stand for long hours up to the entire 8-hour shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
Meet Your Recruiter
As Senior Recruiter, Emily works on finding qualified candidates for medical device and aerospace industry as well supporting our clients as account manager. Emily focuses on finding the right people for her clients and the right fit for her candidates. Emily graduated from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona with a degree in Hospitality Management, Prior to working as a recruiter, Emily worked managing coffee shops for over 10 years. Emily uses her customer service skills and background to help people find their ideal work environment.
During her off time, Emily enjoys cooking, baking and spending time with her husband, two sons and her dog Rosie.