9250 Brown Deer Road San Diego, CA 92121 US
Leading electronics manufacturer in Sorrento Valley is seeking an experienced Buyer to work onsite.
The Buyer is responsible for procurement activities of electronic components, metals, fabricated parts, and assemblies to support manufacturing of programmable power supplies in a high-mix environment. Ensures materials are delivered on time and to schedule and within the guidelines of company supply chain strategies.
- Reviews and evaluates MRP reports in order to initiate purchase orders in a timely basis.
- Secures and analyzes vendor quotes; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommends supplier with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness.
- Actively participate and drive-in efforts to lower inventory and drive down material costs.
- Challenge and influence non-conforming and/or underperforming Suppliers.
- Direct the disposition of any and all issues impeding the flow of materials required to meet business demands.
- Reviews and contacts supplier to find out status of orders and assure on-time deliveries of products.
- Establish optimal supply chain arrangement for each and every component requirement.
- Implement supply chain strategy through Warehousing and Planning at the part number level of detail.
- Respond to daily shortage report.
- Purchase order administration and follow-up.
- Process supplier returns and replacements.
- Assist Accounts Payable in resolving related issues
- Complete tasks and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Logistics or related field preferred
- 2 years of progressive experience with a proven record of executing the tactical and strategic duties of the Purchasing function preferably in electronics manufacturing
- Must have the extensive knowledge and ability to negotiate the best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Aptitude in decision making and working with numbers
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in MS Office and MRP; Navision, Manman, or Oracle knowledge a plus
- Excellent communication skills
Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (schedule time can be flexible).
Meet Your Recruiter
Hillary began as a receptionist with Marquee Staffing in 2011, quickly learned the industry and promptly began recruiting. Her natural ability to recruit great clerical talent earned her a promotion to recruiter. Hillary focuses on identifying candidates for direct placement searches in the fields of manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance, distribution, human resources, and production. Hillary’s expertise and ability to produce a high caliber of talent for our clients’ direct placement needs have added great value to our staffing operations. She enjoys the challenge of providing the best possible customer service experience for her clients and is passionate about helping others find the perfect position within her clients’ facilities. She enjoys creating relationships and assisting in any way possible.
Along with helping clients fill their needs, she enjoys going on scenic drives with her family and watching her boys grow up. Outside of work, she makes sure to make every moment count, and never takes anything for granted.