Buyer II, Aerospace Manufacturing
900 South Richfield Road. Placentia, CA 92870 US
Buyer II Duties
- Recommends selection of supply sources in accordance with Company and government guidelines based on an evaluation of supplier facilities, operation capabilities, pricing policies, performance track record and financial stability.
- Works with requisitioning organization to establish price and delivery parameters and negotiates contracts including price, delivery, terms and conditions with vendors.
- Prepares bid list of qualified vendors, review bids when returned, and selects vendor for negotiation of final pricing, terms and conditions; consults management for final award.
- Follow-up on purchase orders to ensure compliance with delivery schedules and requestor requirements and to coordinate resolution of delays or problems that arise.
- Enters new purchase orders into computer data base and prepares reports and maintains supplier records.
- Resolves Accounting/Invoicing issues.
- Works with other department to resolve ongoing issues, streamline processes, and reduce waste.
- Initiates contracts and contract review for new and ongoing services.
- Leads cost reduction/lean projects within Supply Chain.
- Assists other buyers with daily needs, guides new/lower-level buyers, and assists in training others.
Education and Experience Required
- To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicant should be eligible for any required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4+ years) required
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Aeorspace purchasing metals, forgings, castings, machining is ideal.
- APICS Certification is desirable
- Must have knowledge of Company and government procurement policies, procedures, and documentation and the Company’s ERP system.
- Must be able to read blueprints, negotiate contract terms and conditions, and be able to utilize interpersonal relations shills to enhance supplier relations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills including Excel and other MS Office applications.
Meet Your Recruiter
As Branch Manager, Alexis Cabero focuses on identifying talent for a variety of industries including medical devices, administrative support, customer service, engineering, and human resources. Graduating from The University of California, Irvine with a B.A. in Arts and Digital Media, Alexis’ recruiting career began in 2014 while staffing for assisted living facilities, where she matched passionate healthcare professionals to provide personal non-medical care for home care clients. Alexis is passionate about helping others recognize their potential, and does so by using a thorough discovery process with her candidates to better understand what areas they excel in and providing opportunities exclusive to Marquee Staffing.
While out of office, Alexis enjoys spending her free time with family and her six dogs.