900 South Richfield Road. Placentia, CA 92870 US
Following established procedures, purchase materials, raw materials, components, castings/forgings, MRO, Outside Processing, equipment, and services in accordance with customer specifications and requirements established by requesting Company organizations. Established, maintains, and selects procurement sources and follow-ups and coordinates resolution of problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES – Other duties may be assigned
- Recommends selection of supply sources in accordance with Company and government guidelines based on an evaluation of supplier facilities, operation capabilities, pricing policies, performance track record and financial stability.
- Works with requisitioning organization to establish price and delivery parameters and negotiates contracts including price, delivery, terms and conditions with vendors.
- Prepares bid list of qualified vendors, review bids when returned, and selects vendor for negotiation of final pricing, terms and conditions; consults management for final award.
- Follow-up on purchase orders to ensure compliance with delivery schedules and requestor requirements and to coordinate resolution of delays or problems that arise.
- Enters new purchase orders into computer data base and prepares reports and maintains supplier records.
- Negotiates contracts and handles procurements involving significant dollar amounts; more frequent persuasive/advisory contacts with vendors, including consolidation of vendors, coordinate tool transfers, qualify potential suppliers, and negotiate cost reductions.
- Purchases services or complex materials such as castings & forgings and raw materials, miscellaneous hardware, and outside processing.
- Will participate in establishing price and lead time requirements and lead lower level Buyers in procurement activities including scheduling and forecasting.
- Establishes forecast through interaction with Sales and Planning; builds a relationship with interdepartmental individuals to develop thorough Purchasing strategies.
- Sourcing new vendors outside to also include international vendors which meet aerospace requirements.
- Mentors, leads, trains, and provides guidance to lower-level buyers
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university in Business or Manufacturing Technology; and
- Four to Seven years of directly related procurement experience in a manufacturing environment; and
- Aerospace experience supporting aftermarket activities is desirable;
- Knowledge and experience in aerospace purchasing metals, forgings, castings, machining is ideal;
- APICS Certification is desirable; and/or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have knowledge of Company and government procurement policies, procedures, and documentation and the Company’s ERP system.
- Must be able to read blueprints, negotiate contract terms and conditions, and be able to utilize interpersonal relations shills to enhance supplier relations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
As Branch Manager, Alexis Cabero focuses on identifying talent for a variety of industries including medical devices, administrative support, customer service, engineering, and human resources. Graduating from The University of California, Irvine with a B.A. in Arts and Digital Media, Alexis’ recruiting career began in 2014 while staffing for assisted living facilities, where she matched passionate healthcare professionals to provide personal non-medical care for home care clients. Alexis is passionate about helping others recognize their potential, and does so by using a thorough discovery process with her candidates to better understand what areas they excel in and providing opportunities exclusive to Marquee Staffing.
While out of office, Alexis enjoys spending her free time with family and her five dogs.