Business Unit Manager
6900 Orangethorpe Ave , . Buena Park, CA 90620 US
This position requires a skilled, experienced individual with demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate major business activities related to custom-engineered products through an integrated multifunctional team.
- Lead and assist in prioritizing all New Business activity for the product team to successful conclusion.
- Prepare Business Plan for product line, including strategy for new and existing products, pricing structure, sales forecast, advertising, and promotion
- Meet annual growth plans and assist in achieving operating profit margin targets for product line by actively maximizing pricing opportunities, engaging in a price for value philosophy and leading productivity projects
- Support the execution of existing business on an as needed basis.
- Support field sales through customer interface at key accounts.
- Ensure that terms and conditions of new proposals and contracts conform to Company policy and product line business plan.
- Present the Business performance on a quarterly basis and support regular reporting.
- Performs All Other Duties As Assigned
- 4-5 direct reports as well as working in a cross-functional team. The Business Manager role is the most important and will be a part of the senior leadership team.
- Collaborate with both External and Internal Customers
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner in dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Partner with other management staff to achieve annual business plan.
- Work independently in a team environment.
- Follow Company Policies and Guidelines
- Exhibits a high level of integrity.
- Understands company operations and a familiarity with customer needs and opportunities for product development and market expansion
- Proven leadership of multifunctional teams
- 20 - 25% travel and will be based out of our facility in North Orange County
Desired Background and Experience:
- BS degree in Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical or other similar Engineering discipline.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and coordinate major business activities related to custom engineered products through an integrated multifunctional team
- Creative and entrepreneurial drive, leadership, analytical, problem solving and strong negotiation skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team.
- Good oral communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Sales exposure and a custom manufacturing environment background
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Director Executive Placement
Greg is a dedicated and hardworking professional who is your go-to recruiter for all things related to engineering, supply chain, operations, and executive level recruiting. He brings with him over 15 years’ experience in finding talent for small to Fortune 100 organizations with his success founded on building relationships and in providing top-level customer service. Greg is consistently a top performer, and the recipient of numerous company awards.
Greg is an avid Cubs fan; enjoys Marvel movies; Discovery, History, and is a Science Channel fan! Greg is 100% Greek
If you are ever in the mood to break some plates, and yell Opa!, He is your guy!