Business Analyst II - Bilingual Japanese
1100 Valencia Avenue , One Ricoh Square Tustin, CA 92780 US
• Collaborates with Group management to prepare the business plan and budget review for the assigned Group.
• Compiles budget information and tracks group progress toward the completion of planning and budgeting activities.
• Reviews, analyzes, and summarizes budget/plan proposals received from Group Managers
• Monitors, analyzes, and evaluates assigned Group's operating results and financial performance.
• Reviews and compares assigned Group's operating profit and loss results to established plans, standard costs, and previous actuals.
• Identifies and investigates factors contributing to variances.
• Prepares routine to moderately complex analyses to determine standard costing of materials, direct labor, and direct expenses.
• Collects, compiles information, and prepares routine to moderately complex reports on assigned Group's operational results, profit and loss performance, and achievement of strategic management objectives.
• Reviews sales, cost of sales, expenses, and inventory transactions.
• Identifies, researches, resolves discrepancies, and prepares correcting journal entries.
• Participates in month-end closing by preparing journal entries including accruals.
• Participates in periodic Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and KPMG audits.
• Interfaces with auditors and provide required documentation and analysis as required.
• May perform test documentation for the respective internal sub-process controls.
• Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instruction on new projects or assignments.
• Daily interaction with internal management and staff in corporate accounting and strategy as well as production control and warehouse in the assigned Group.
• Interaction normally involves exchanging information and giving guidance and direction on business planning and/or cost accounting procedures.
• Works on routine to moderately complex issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Responsible for communicating business performance to our parent company in Japan.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
• Minimum 2 years of working knowledge and experience in budget or financial analysis and/or cost accounting principles and processes in a manufacturing environment
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills • Advanced oral, reading, and writing skills in English and Japanese required
• Preparing and presenting to executives, senior leadership, and external customers
• Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) preferred
• Experience working with Cubic Accounting and Cognos Analytics Software
• Intermediate Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Macros, etc.)
• Skilled in data extraction, data manipulation, and report writing
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of personnel
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
• Conference calls with Japan may be required outside your regular work hours
Meet Your Recruiter
As Branch Manager, Alexis Cabero focuses on identifying talent for a variety of industries including medical devices, administrative support, customer service, engineering, and human resources. Graduating from The University of California, Irvine with a B.A. in Arts and Digital Media, Alexis’ recruiting career began in 2014 while staffing for assisted living facilities, where she matched passionate healthcare professionals to provide personal non-medical care for home care clients. Alexis is passionate about helping others recognize their potential, and does so by using a thorough discovery process with her candidates to better understand what areas they excel in and providing opportunities exclusive to Marquee Staffing.
While out of office, Alexis enjoys spending her free time with family and her five dogs.