Boiler Chiller Technician
1335 Park Center Drive Vista, CA 92081 US
Shift: 10:00 AM to 8:30 PM.
Pay $37.59/hr + 10% Differential
Your duties will include to:
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance for heating/cooling systems such as hydronic boilers, steam boilers, chillers, air compressors and cooling towers.
- Test and treat chiller/boiler feed water using specified chemicals.
- Repair and maintenance a wide range of hot water and steam systems specifically strong working knowledge on hydronic and steam boilers (both flame and water tube systems), but not limited to electric water heaters, tankless systems, gas water heaters, and point of use systems.
- Maintains and repairs water distributions systems such as water filters, softeners, piping and pumps.
- Install single and multi-phase electrical circuits (conduit bending, wire pulling) repairs and/or replaces transformers, relays, capacitors, motors, contactors, and general electrical components.
- Uses a wide range of HVAC-Systems such as chillers, cooling towers, RTU’s, split units, DX package units, walk- in coolers, heat pumps, furnaces, exhaust fans, economizers, and ice machines.
- Repairs and maintenance compressed air and natural gas systems including all distribution lines, valves and control devices.
- Work independently to perform preventative maintenance following written schedules and procedures.
- Strong mechanical aptitude for troubleshooting production issues, while minimizing downtime. Effectively communicate requirements and status to production leads.
- Troubleshoot system issues and take corrective actions independently, while minimizing production downtime.
- Ability to use scissor lift, forklift, pallet jacks and articulating boom lift
- Assist in maintaining and identifying spare parts inventory for common repair supplies, equipment components and parts.
- Assist with identifying training needed, along with preventive maintenance programs to optimize and maintain equipment.
- Troubleshoot system issues and take corrective actions independently, while minimizing production downtime. Highlight system issues for permanent corrective actions and process improvements.
- Responsible for safety compliance personally and with equipment.
- Participate in special projects and/or rebuilds.
- Other duties as assigned within job scope.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4 years of experience with HVAC Steamers/Chillers or related field.
- Vocational trade certifications related to industrial HVAC steamers/chillers.
- Ability to use common HVAC tools such as gauges, recovery equipment, leak detection devices.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits, wiring, and operating principles of motors.
- Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
Meet Your Recruiter
With over 20 years of recruiting and human resources experience, Yolanda possess a specialization in the talent acquisition space.
She has spent most of her career in the staffing industry. Yolanda prides herself in having the right experience allowing her to fill roles for both invasive searches as well as emergency placements.
She strives to ensure that our clients staffing needs are being met while searching for the best talent.
In Yolanda’s free time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends.