Assistant Director of Nursing
8835 Vans St, Paramount, CA 90723 US
Under the guidance of the Director of Nursing (DON), the Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) is responsible for activities and functions related to the administration of members-served care systems and members-served care in nursing areas and departments.
- Demonstrates the organization's mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
- Assists in planning, organizing, directing and controlling nursing services
- Collaborates with DON in developing departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies and procedures; organizes the department to meet legal, organizational and medical staff guidelines; and functions in an advisory capacity to the administrator in evaluating procedural changes as they relate to care of members served
- Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
- Promotes and maintains professional and effective relationships and communications within the department and with other departments
- Collaborates with other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the facility
- Works within established staffing requirements and recommends to DON the numbers and classifications of personnel to be employed
- • Participates in the recruitment, selection and when necessary disciplinary action within the Nursing Department.
- • Partners with DON to implement the safety program and actively participates in reducing workers’ compensation claims
- • Adheres to standards for procurement of supplies and equipment for the department
- • Assists in managing the Nursing Department within allocated budgetary parameters and participates in the development of the fiscal budget
- Ensures that the nursing department is in compliance with all related state, federal and local licensing regulations and requirements
- Oversees and ensures medication management and infection control standards
- Collaborates with leadership team and all departments on quality initiatives. Coordinates nursing services with other clinical and ancillary services. In the process of accomplishing this, promotes cost effective use of personnel, supplies and equipment
- Participates and encourages participation from staff in activities, including professional and trade organizations, that promote mental health services
- Promotes a “no force first” culture
- Establishes and defines standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective care
- Assesses the quality of care rendered by the Nursing Department and ensures sound practice
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program within the Nursing Department which includes frequent collaboration with other departments, employee education and a focus on monitoring departmental standards and actively removing barriers to the provision of high quality care
- Is an active participant of all committees involving members served safety and nursing policies, practices and procedures
- Assumes responsibility for her/his professional growth and the ongoing professional development of the nursing staff
- Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have at least four (4) years of experience - two (2) years in psychiatric nursing and two (2) years in a supervisory capacity; OR a baccalaureate degree in nursing or a related field and two (2) years of experience in psychiatric nursing, including one (1) year in a supervisory capacity
- Current valid RN License in State of California
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
- All opportunities are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
- MSN degree and administrative experience in long term care preferred
- Excellent communication
- Attention to detail
- Use critical thinking to aid decision-making
- Flexibility and ability to adapt
- Commitment to development
- Schedule: 8AM to 5PM, 7AM-4PM - must be flexible to stay after 5pm if needed.
- Low cost health insurance options
- 9 paid holidays
- 401k Savings
- Education/Scholarship funding
- Ancillary Benefits including discounted Auto, Home, Pet Insurance, etc.
- including paid time off for jury duty and bereavement
Meet Your Recruiter
As Branch Manager, Alexis Cabero focuses on identifying talent for a variety of industries including medical devices, administrative support, customer service, engineering, and human resources. Graduating from The University of California, Irvine with a B.A. in Arts and Digital Media, Alexis’ recruiting career began in 2014 while staffing for assisted living facilities, where she matched passionate healthcare professionals to provide personal non-medical care for home care clients. Alexis is passionate about helping others recognize their potential, and does so by using a thorough discovery process with her candidates to better understand what areas they excel in and providing opportunities exclusive to Marquee Staffing.
While out of office, Alexis enjoys spending her free time with family and her five dogs.