6900 Orangethorpe Ave , . Buena Park, CA 90620 US
Mon - Fri 6AM - 2:30PM, OT available
$18 - 20/hr Based on Experience
Under general supervision, assembles components and subassemblies of all types of relays prior to adjust. Clean components and assemblies. May perform machine set-ups for automated/assisted assembly occasionally, will work with or around degreasers, ovens, spot welders & various small machines/presses. May be required to solder, laser/spot weld.
- Using assembly instructions, drawings/process specifications, assembles, welds subassemblies for various relay types to meet specifications.
- Performs preparatory operations such as washing and assembling of components prior to installing in the fixtures for welding, staking or testing, using various cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Uses microscope to visually check subassemblies for completeness/burrs.
- Uses inspection equipment such as gauges, dial indicators, inspection jigs, etc., to ensure dimensions are in compliance with specifications/standards.
- Stamp product identification numbers on cans or subassemblies.
- Does rework and repair operations.
- Performs minor, pre-established machine set-ups as required for manual or automated/assisted assembly.
- Uses AC and DC welding equipment to perform subassembly welding operations and conducts weld strength tests.
- Collects and monitors data for statistical process control reports.
- Maintains Kanbans and corresponding paperwork to support Just-In-Time production.
- Fills out work order travelers and maintains lot trace ability.
- Actively participates in the Quality Improvement System.
- Inspect work area daily.
- Actively participates in Lean and 6s initiatives.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by the client's ethics and business conduct policies
- High School Diploma or General Education Equivalent
- Previous experience using small hand tools for a minimum of three years.
- Minimum of one or more years of experience in repetitive assembly work, usually single operation or limited series operation.
- Ability to follow demonstrated assembly methods and techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret written instructions, manufacturing specifications, test procedures, sketches and process specifications.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Previous experience using inspection-measuring devices.
- Basic computer skill in MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Minimum of one year of relay adjusting.
- Ability to use and understand adjusts and test stations including analog and digital test equipment, along with oscilloscopes.
- Must be outgoing, self-motivated, well organized and detail oriented, work well under pressure, be an excellent communicator and a creative problem solver
- Strong familiarity with leak test equipment to check for leak rate after laser weld.
- Ability to solder overlay of laser-welded relays.
- Thorough understanding applying epoxy prior to radiflo leak testing.
- Understanding of cycle relay assemblies prior to final adjust.
- Experience using various chemicals to remove paint over spray painted relays
Meet Your Recruiter
As a Recruiter, Kyle works on placing candidates in positions in Assembly and Warehouse fields. Prior to joining the Marquee Staffing team, Kyle worked as a barista and waiter for 6 years. He recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the California State University, Long Beach. Kyle strives in his work to place individuals in positions that would be the best fit for both the client and candidate. Outside of work, Kyle enjoys spending time with his family and friends.