Accounts Receivable Intern
15750 Alton Irvine, CA 92618 US
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for payment application of all cash receipts from multiple sources and processing through Expandable AR module. This position interfaces with various systems and websites to import/export and/or edit data from multiple sources. The incumbent must have excellent organization skills, a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, prompt follow-through and demonstrate outstanding customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Edit and balance daily cash deposit data from bank lockbox for processing;
- Post and apply cash receipts from bank lockbox, ACH and credit card payments to the correct account and invoice as specified in remittance advice provided from the customer and/or bank;
- Research, verify, and process all credit card transactions including customer service authorizations, E-Commerce, refunds and manual transactions;
- Generate, print and mail daily invoicing, maintaining daily logs as necessary to insure that daily invoices are processed on a timely basis;
- Generate, print and mail monthly statements;
- Apply all manual credit memos and invoices, insuring that each one has correct coding and proper authorization signatures;
- File, organize, log, control and archive all accounts receivable accounting reports, batches, manual invoice/credit memo accounting documents;
- Answer customer requests for information and provide invoice and/or credit memo copies to customers as requested;
- Research all accounts receivable transactions in Expandable AR module and other data sources as requested to provide correct information on payments, invoices, credit memos and credit card transactions to internal and external customers;
- Process any check reversals and re-applications as needed;
- Provide support to collectors on routine information or document requests, providing requested information via email, fax or telephone;
- Respond to customer inquiries by correspondence, telephone, fax or email;
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned;
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience in any accounting related field, or two years of experience with payment application.
- Must be a self-starter; a “hands-on” individual who enjoys a challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction;
- Experience in working in both large structured and small entrepreneurial organizations; Sensitive to the constraints of a small-to-mid-size, high growth operation and capable of working effectively in such an environment; Must have flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment;
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Must have good computer/PC skills and possess basic skills using MS Office (e.g Outlook, Word and Excel)
High school diploma or GED equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance in progress.
Meet Your Recruiter
A native to Orange County, Nina’s staffing career began in 2006 placing quality engineering candidates with distinguished companies as a successful recruiter and client manager. Nina specializes in recruiting for mechanical and electrical engineers in all industries from aerospace, medical device and manufacturing. She understands the engineering programs and importance of matching specific technical skills for position success. Her strong connections within the industry have been vital in her success. Nina’s excitement in placing engineers is due to the direct impact the products have on people’s lives: Everything we touch has been engineered in one form or another. She currently works as an on-site manager at a prominent medical device company.
Outside of work, Nina has been a dedicated volunteer to local nonprofit organizations for the past 15 years. She also enjoys being outdoors, hiking and spending time with her three children.