Accounts Payable Analyst
5770 Armada Drive Carlsbad, CA 92008 US
Medical device manufacturer in Carlsbad is seeking an Accounts Payable Analyst to assist temporarily (3-6 months) with possibility to be extended.
Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for performing accounting functions involving the application of established accounting standards, principles, and practices. You’ll verify contracts, agreements, purchase orders, and AP account coding. You’ll also establish and reconcile control figures for posting, support month-end close and audit activities, work on special projects and assignments, and assist with 1099 preparation at year-end.
• Ensure accounts payable are processed in a timely and efficient manner
• Process 3-way / 2-way PO matching invoices and resolve receipt discrepancies
• Verify invoice cost against purchase order cost before vendor payment
• Research and reconcile all paperwork and communications with vendors to ensure proper payment
• Assist with monthly closings and audits
• Prepare analysis of accounts and proposes adjustments to ensure vendor payments are accurate
• Assist in the preparation and processing of weekly payments, including ACH, credit card, and wire disbursements
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices to ensure compliance with internal control and SOX narratives and controls
• Assist in 1099 preparation and filing
• Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma/ AA degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in AP
- Experience with 1099 and 3-way matching
- Oracle R12, or similar ERP experience
- Proficient in Excel, Word, & Outlook
- Good problem-solving and technical accounting skills
- Strong ability to effectively communicate verbally and through written correspondence with all levels of peers and leadership
- Accounting experience at a manufacturing company
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Account Manager
Hillary began working with Marquee Staffing in 2011 as a Receptionist. She quickly learned the industry, and developed a passion for recruiting with a focus on the fields of Production, Human Resources, Accounting, Engineering, and Customer Service. Her natural ability to develop relationships made her invaluable among her candidates as well as her clients. Currently operating as our Sr Account Manager, Hillary thrives on providing exceptional customer service while delivering on her client’s needs. Her ability to produce a high caliber of talent combined with her vivacious personality have added immeasurable value to our organization.
Outside of work, Hillary makes sure to make every moment count, and never takes anything for granted. She enjoys going on scenic drives with her family and watching her boys grow up.