300 East Cypress Street Brea, CA 92821 US
Account Manager (AM) will ensure delivery of excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of orders, communication, and coordinating with other departments to resolve inquiries. AM will build and maintain business relationship with customers by providing prompt and accurate service so as to promote customer loyalty. AM will play a critical role in providing an interface between customer and company, and should handle themselves in a friendly and professional manner.
- Review and interpret customer contract purchase order paperwork for accuracy and communicate exceptions to customer with professional negotiation and communication techniques.
- Interface with customers, understand and solve account related issues on a regular basis through phone calls, emails, customer portals and face to face meetings.
- Provides leadership and guidance for key customer programs and drives project plans to execution meeting schedule and budget requirements.
- Ensures that prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives and timelines, and that deliverables are met.
- Directs and coordinates project activities among multiple departments (sales, engineering, materials, operations) when necessary.
- Serves as customer point of contact for all project related activities.
- Reports and presents project status to the team and senior management. Develops and reports project metrics, and tracks program costs.
- Administer and execute orders, schedules and related purchase contract pricing and issues.
- Ensure adherence to contract terms for entire order cycle process.
- Review customer purchase order contract packages for accuracy and compliance to company terms and conditions.
- Ensure all requests for quotes are completed on time and in accordance with company pricing guidelines and policies.
- Manage and coordinate the resolution to all customer order complaints and/or non-compliant purchase order issues.
- Raise questionable terms and conditions for resolution to management.
- Monitor and report progress on specific activities, as required by management and/or purchase order requirements.
- Process orders, and purchase order changes on assigned accounts, which includes price verification, part numbers, lead times, and entry of orders into company ERP system.
- Manage the purchase order/job change portion of customer portals.
- Research and respond to order delays.
- Discernment of export documentation and/or other required export licenses/agreements and administering of same in support of export laws and purchase order/program requirements.
- Works with other functional groups within the company to ensure delivery of accurate pricing and manufacturing lead time estimates.
- Receive, research and process customer return requests.
- Develop solutions for customer independently.
- Assist customer with resolving issues related to product availability and delivery.
- Gain/establish a working knowledge of company functions, product and manufacturing processes for Kirkhill.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers.
- Strong customer communication skills with excellent responsiveness and customer focus.
- Technical skills including the ability to proficiently utilize computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Presentation skills required. Will present to Customer Management and Kirkhill Senior Management teams.
- Results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment where tact, sensitivity, respect, tenacity, persuasive ability, and decisiveness are required for success.
- Ability to communicate professionally via written and verbal with customer to understand needs and concerns.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple issues simultaneously.
- Use prior experience and knowledge of company policies and procedures to resolve non-standard problems.
- High level of motivation and sense of urgency; prioritizes and follows up accordingly.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel a must. Use MS Word and PowerPoint.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Engineering or Business.
- Five years of experience in the Aerospace Industry highly preferred.
- Prior experience in a cross-functional management structure is strongly preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Director Executive Placement
Greg is a dedicated and hardworking professional who is your go-to recruiter for all things related to engineering, supply chain, operations, and executive level recruiting. He brings with him over 15 years’ experience in finding talent for small to Fortune 100 organizations with his success founded on building relationships and in providing top-level customer service. Greg is consistently a top performer, and the recipient of numerous company awards.
Greg is an avid Cubs fan; enjoys Marvel movies; Discovery, History, and is a Science Channel fan! Greg is 100% Greek
If you are ever in the mood to break some plates, and yell Opa!, He is your guy!